Oceanspirit Dennis: Scourge of the Underworld

Started by ThreeOhFour, Sat 15/05/2010 07:50:35

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreeOhFour

I've been called many things.

But this city calls me...

Oceanspirit Dennis: Scourge of the Underworld.

You can now choose to play it in 2 ways!

#1. You can be MODERN and play it IN YOUR BROWSER thanks to the silvery light of XAGE  :o :o :o

#2. You can be old fashioned and play it on your personal computer via an .exe that you can: DOWNLOAD!

#3. THIRD BONUS OPTION: Download the source code!

Written by Drew Wellman (not that he realized it), music by Sebastian Pfaller, everything else by meeee.

Spoiler
please don't download this if you can't take a silly joke
[close]

EDIT: Fixed, it should be finishable now...

Helme

Where does Sebastian find music like that?

This hole JRPG-thread is so hilarious. I should have picked up some popcorn before start reading it.

xenogia

NsMn

This is SO hilarious....

still, how do you finish the game at all? (or is that a joke too?)

ThreeOhFour

I have no idea where that music is from :D

As for finishing your mighty quest:

Spoiler
activate each action at least once - that is, click on all 4 of the spell tabs, on yourself and on the blob
[close]

Ryan Timothy B

Brilliant little game. lol  I almost shat myself once I saw this posted in the CG's thread.

Too bad there wasn't an actual challenge to the game.. :(  Graphics for our little Oceanspirit Dennis hero are like Ben There, Dan That meets JRPG.

Snake

This is great, Ben. I love how:
Spoiler
every HP taken away or given is 304!
[close]
;D

Hilarious music too. It kind of reminds me of "Buffalo Gal (Won't You Come Out Tonight)" from the movie "It's a Wonderful Life".

I don't know if you did this on perpose or not, or maybe it's just because I'm running it under WINE in Ubuntu, but there seems to be something very strange happening with the mouse boarders. One minute it's restricting me from accessing the actions and the next with the blob. Was this done on perpose?

\\--EDIT--\\
However, this did not prevent me from "completing" it.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Dualnames

Nice 'thing' it kind of made me cry. :'( Nice effects on the spells.  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ThreeOhFour

Haha I laughed at the number thing as well (always one to laugh at my own jokes  :=).

As for the music, when Sebastian sent it to me the other week, I actually ended up with a sore stomach from laughing. I was hoping I could find some funny thing to use it on - and here we are  8)

Duals: Sorry to make such a touching story that made you cry  ;D

I don't know if you did this on perpose or not, or maybe it's just because I'm running it under WINE in Ubuntu, but there seems to be something very strange happening with the mouse boarders. One minute it's restricting me from accessing the actions and the next with the blob. Was this done on perpose?

Gah maybe I accidentally left a spell transparent and forgot to disable it? Bleh!

Snake

Quote from: Three Hundred and FourGah maybe I accidentally left a spell transparent and forgot to disable it? Bleh!
Fuck it. It adds character. And under the circumstances as to WHY it was made in the first place, it's perfect.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The music is too acid trippy for this mighty full length adventure of ultimate seriousness.

Darius Poyer

What can I say but that I enjoyed the one minute I spent.

ThreeOhFour

ProgZ: Ultimate serious fighting game of epic proportion is well served by folksy music remixed to sound like I just drank super large mana potion +6

Darius: CONGRATULATIONS ON ULTIMATE UNDERWORLD HIGH SCORE BONUS POINTS

ddq

Holy shit holy shit holy shit DOWNLOADING.

EDIT: Hail king Oceanspirit Dennis! That was awesome, just plain awesome.

Ponch

That was a great game, Ben. Such a powerful story, filled with all the Jungian Archetypes you find in the great works of the past (before this modern trend of postmodern deconstructionism became de rigueur in narrative fiction). It really speaks to me, is what I'm saying. Well done, sir. This great work truly belongs to the ages now.

ThreeOhFour

ddq: Congratulations on writing epic tale of struggle, battle and struggling in battle.  :'(

Ponch: Thank you for recognizing the deep metaphors I entrenched in the fertile soil of an interactive experience in order to help establish my need to communicate the cries of my psyche. I am glad to see that the turgid waters of the game's surface appearance do not obscure the rising bubbles of clarity and meaning contained within those murky depths. Also, as per your request, game source code can be found here.

Not sure what good it'll do anyone - but I guess if someone wanted to make a fan sequel they could. I had a huge legal battle with Rectangle Penix in order to open the source, and now must rest. (keep in mind I slammed this code together in half an hour so it ain't the neatest  :-[)

ddq

I'll go find a pubescent girl and put out a fully voiced version! Maybe even add a flashier battle transition at the beginning. Thank you so much for making my dream game come true, Ben.

kaputtnik

Quote from: ProgZmax on Sat 15/05/2010 15:28:44
The music is too acid trippy for this mighty full length adventure of ultimate seriousness.

Sorry, I tried very hard for an epic Japanese RPG soundtrack; this was my best shot.  :-[
I, object.

Snake

So are you and Calin and IceyGames going to be working on the sequel?

Stupot

That was one of the weirdest few moments of my life :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk