Animation Competition: Disappearing Act (deadline 30 June)

Started by Xellie, Wed 09/06/2010 16:38:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Xellie

Animation Competition: Dissappearing Act

Finally, the new animation competition. Thank you for your patience! Here are your weapons, gentlemen:

A rabbit, a candle, a top hat, a wand, juggling balls, a handkerchief, a microwave oven and a saw.

What you've got to do is make 1 of these items vanish. You must use (at least) two or more of any of them, to make another 1 disappear, vanish, cease to exist, not be, go away, die, explode, be removed, garotted, transported, set on fire,  erased... you get the idea. Anything goes, but again, use any two of these items to interact with a third one and make it disappear.

Guidelines:

- You can draw your own versions of these items if you'd like, you don't have to use mine. But you must use at least two of the items named, even if you draw your own version.
- EXTRA CREDIT: You can add one more item of your own to the mix, this will count for extra points. But only one!
- No size, colour or frame limits.
- You may modify and animate the supplied sprites or draw and animate your own sprite, within the guidelines mentioned above.
- All entries must be posted in this thread by or on the 30th of June.
- The host of the competition will judge the winner.
- Have FUN!

Monsieur OUXX

Xellie

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 10/06/2010 09:38:03
A rabbit and a microwave. How provocative. ;-)

I thought it would get the creative juices going... hopefully!  ;)

Xellie

I like to move it... and hopefully you do to. So come on, start moving some pixels!

Xellie

straydogstrut

Surprised you haven't had more response. Though if like me it's taken all week to come up with an idea, that could explain it.

I'm going to attempt this one. Just to double check: If I have another character in the animation, can that count as my custom 'object'?

Cheers

Gilbert

Xellie

Quote from: straydogstrut on Fri 18/06/2010 16:17:54
I'm going to attempt this one. Just to double check: If I have another character in the animation, can that count as my custom 'object'?

Sure it can, no worries with that. Go for it!

Xellie

Gilbet! Wow!

I am extending the deadline with another week, therefore till the 30th (my Bday!). So pleas guys, let those juices bubble and flow, and the animation grow!

straydogstrut

That's great news as I haven't made much progress with mine yet, and I was worried I was going to miss the deadline=S

Wow, great work gilbet!!

Xellie

As mentioned, this comp's deadline has been extended by a week to the 30'th. So get animating!

Saberteeth

The bunny strikes back!  :)

120x120, 65 frames

Armageddon

Saberteeth

GraphicsGale. The free edition can't save as .gif though so you'll have to buy it in order to animate and export.

Gilbert

I use Edge (sorry for those who cannot read Japanese). The 1.X branch is free and full featured but the 2.X branch (and those mobile versions) are commercial.
Spoiler

I actually have resource hacked V1.28 to English. I did this primarily because I wanted to get rid of the gibberish text when I used it on non-Japanese Windows. This was before I discovered Applocale, and thus I didn't do this any more for the newer versions. PM me if anyone is interested.
[close]

straydogstrut

I asked a similar question a short while ago since I don't have access to PS/IR on this machine. I was already using the free version of GG for creating the animation, and it was suggested to try Beneton Movie GIF to make the gifs. Works great, although i've only used it the once.

Really great entries so far people, such a high standard to match up to=S

Xellie

Well, it's now 2 days past the extended deadline... anybody else want to contribute or should we call this one quits...?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk