Horror Suspense Theme - Tune Contest 21st July - 1st August

Started by Danman, Wed 21/07/2010 20:15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Danman

OK this is my choice in themes.

I would like you to write or produce a Horror Suspense track about 30 seconds to a minute long.  
The most scariest sounding one wins or a new scary sound that I never heard anything like.  :o

As an example I composed this one for ideas-- http://www.webfilehost.com/?mode=viewupload&id=1564387

I am only gonna make a Gold and Silver Trophy
Gold                      Silver

Note: These are missing the alpha files so the transparency is missing. I will some how put the files on later on.

ShiverMeSideways

I'm in, but my song will be considerably longer than 1 minute. In fact, I hope to have it clocking at exactly 6:66. Also, it won't be suspenseful horror, more like "OH MY GOD" horror. At least for the most part. Are these issues going to constitute a problem with my entry?

Snake

Dan, after having to wait a minute before I could download your example, it was 0 bites and couldn't be opened.

Can you host it somewhere else by any chance?

Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

ShiverMeSideways

Alrighty, here be my entry:

The Symphony of Horror

This symphonic metal composition contains excerpts from the 1986 movie, The Fly and is structured into seven sections:

I - The Creep of Terror [0:00]
II - The Horrific Truth [1:29]
III - The Pains of Metamorphosis [2:15]
IV - What Have I Become?... [2:51]
V - Unleash the Beast of Sorrow [3:57]
VI - The Final Confrontation [4:45]
VII - Only a Faint Chill Remains... [5:38]

Hope you guys like it, it's actually a reboot of one of my older songs I did for someone. If anyone wants to hear that, I'll be happy to linkify them. Cheers!

Danman

Sorry guys this competetion is a bit overdue. My life has been a bit hectic in the past 2 weeks. I will download these now and choose my winner

And sorry snake for not coming on and reuploading the example :(

Danman

I listened to Le Woltaire and ShiverMeSideways.

Le Woltaire:Your horror suspense track is a good horror track certainly got scary parts and well composed.

ShiverMeSideways :
The Symphony of Horror is experiential sounding, But definitely has got more suspense then horror but the start is scary then goes more to suspense. But I love it to be honest

The winner is
1ST : ShiverMeSideways! It is  a new scary sound I never heard anything like  ;D
2nd : Le Woltaire. Certainly more scary then The Symphony of Horror. But just too basic in comparison.

Good work guys I liked both.

ShiverMeSideways

Well, thank you for the win, and great stuff, Le Woltaire as always! :) I'll fire up the next compo pronto.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk