[PLUGIN] - D3DVSync

Started by Calin Leafshade, Sun 22/08/2010 16:40:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Calin Leafshade

Ok so i'm not 100% sure this works since my computer and graphics card are too fast to make it tear but it should fix it in theory.

So can people test it in a game that they know to tear in D3D

Including the plugin in your game will automatically turn vsync on.

http://www.thethoughtradar.com/AGS/AGSD3DVSync.zip

Calin Leafshade

anyone manage to test it?

subspark

Impeccable timing Calin. AGS is now asking for d3dx10_43.dll
Otherwise this plug-in will be very useful for our full-screen effects!

Cheers,
Sparky.

subspark

Just to clarify, AGS is asking for d3dx10_43.dll however I have a Direct X 11 Machine (Win 7) with the latest GeForce GFX 200 drivers installed.

Am I missing something? I'd love to test it for you Calin and I have the perfect GIP (Game In Progress) but I can't seem to launch AGS with the plugin. Am I meant to put your dll in the AGS directory and compile the game, then make a local copy of the dll to the game path?

Cheers,
Sparky.

Calin Leafshade

I'm not really sure why it's asking for the DLL.. i mustve compiled it with the debug version or something.

I'll see if i can fix it.

If you are really dying to try it then you cand just download and install the DX SDK.

subspark

Yeah I considered the SDK, but I'll wait for your fix. Im patient enough...I think ;D
Thanks for sorting it out.

Sparky.

xenogia

Hey Calin I look forward to this one :)

Pumaman

If you use any D3DX functions in your plugin, you need to distribute the D3DX DLL with it. This is why AGS doesn't use D3DX but just uses raw D3D.

Calin Leafshade

Ahh, I see.

It's because I left references to ID3DXEffect in from a different project.

I can fix this easily enough.

Calin Leafshade

Ok here we are.

It only has a reference to d3d9.h so it should be fine.

http://www.thethoughtradar.com/AGS/AGSVSync.zip

Knox

Hey Calin,

Dont know if Im the only one but when I place your new dll version into my AGS folder, I get "MSVCR100D.dll" is missing + error loading "agsvsync.dll"

Ok I downloaded it and placed into my sys32/syswow folders.

Can this plugin diminish your fps?

Testing now :P
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Calin Leafshade

I think i compiled it in debug mode.. thus it uses the debug version of the DLL.

try this one compiled for release

http://www.thethoughtradar.com/AGS/AGSVSyncR.zip

and yes Vsync can negatively impact your framerate.

xenogia

Hey Calin,

I get the same issue as general_knox on my Win XP virtual machine.  I'll try and update my directx drivers.

EDIT: Still no luck and this is with your re-uploaded dll.

Knox

Hey Xenogia,

I just downloaded the dll directly, and copied it into my system32 and sysWOW64 folders:

http://www.dll-download-system.com/home/m-dlls-not-system-/msvcr100.dll/details.html

Calin Leafshade

knox, does it actually work?

Knox

Yep! No errors once I place that dll in those folders...

For the tearing, my game hasnt done it yet so I cant really test to see if it prevents it...but so far my framerate hasnt changed with this plugin on.

Calin Leafshade

So thats something of a null result :P

If it doesnt tear with it on or off then we havent proved anything.

Knox

yeah I know...lol!

I cant test the tearing until I actually get my game advanced enough so it could actually tear (I dont have much oging on right now)...so for me I wont be able to give you any results until a good while..I just wanted to see if it did anything to the framerate by default, if that makes any sense  :P

xenogia

What exactly is the msvcr1000.dll for though?  And will I require to put it in the package when releasing the game?

Calin Leafshade

well MSVCR100D.dll is the debug version of the visual c++ library.

I compiled the it with the release settings which should mean it requires the release version (MSVCR100.dll) but i have no idea why.. the plugin is literally 2 lines of code.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk