Sprite Jam: Complementary Protaganist. Ends 31st Oct.

Started by GreenBoy, Sun 17/10/2010 09:42:09

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenBoy

Here's the rules fellow AGSers:

1: Sprite must be of the protagonist whether the hero or the villain I don't mind but it needs to be the main character.

2: Colours have to follow a complementary palette.  It doesn't have to be exact, for example if you were to choose red and green, you can use blue/greens, yellow/greens, red/oranges, greys etc.

3: No restrictions on size or amount of colours, as long as it's AGS compatable.

Have fun boys and girls, sprites will be judged on how closely they follow the rules and skill.  Competition ends on the 31st of October, trophys for the winners!

Charlo

Data :

Ben J Grimm ( Fantastic Four ) - Marvel
Four colors : white - black , orange - blue

GreenBoy

Looking good.   ;D  I actually thought superheroes would work well.

GreenBoy

Only one more day or so before the end of the sprite jam!

It's not much of a competition at the moment.

Sughly

Haha, this is true. I'll do one now! Be back soon...

Sughly

Went for the Willy Beamish style protagonist. Man I really have to play that game again...

Nice twist with the complimentary colours by the way! Though I think I've used enough peach/blue to last a life time...

Charlo

This Sprite Jam is like a puzzle than art contest.
Why only a little entry this time  ????

Pinback

Not sure if I'll get this done in time, but I thought I may as well post my WIP in case I sleep in past the deadline or something and don't get a chance to make a real sprite from this mess. Gotta love the orange and blue combo eh guys.
Oh yeah, mine is like some kind of heroic robot. With a cape and gun for some reason.  

EDIT) But as my brother would say- 'That's not orange or blue, it's brown. Everything you paint is brown. Die.'.

Wonkyth

It's true, you do paint rather brownly.  :P
Although it's still awesome.
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

GreenBoy

Wow, so much activity in such a small amount of time.  Looking good by the way guys, it's always interesting to see what someone else does with an idea.  There is an amazing amount of blue and orange going on here.

I'm going to leave this open for another 28 hrs,  living in New Zealand means I'm kinda at the the beginning of the time zones so I'll close this when I get back from work on Monday.  Good luck everyone.

GreenBoy

It's closing time boys and girls.  Well done everyone, there are some very nice entries here.

3rd place goes to Pinback, such a lovely sprite, the use of lighting in your art is second to none.  If it wasn't for it being unfinished then you would of got a silver for sure.

2nd place belongs to Culun_dog for a very grizzly looking Ben Grimm, talk about taking the complementary palette rule seriously.  Good concept and great finished sprite.

And without further ado, and without much surprise because let's face it there wasn't any more entries, 1st place goes to Sughly.  I love your style, it reminds me back to the days of watching cartoons in my pyjamas. 

Congrats everyone and have a trophy.

Sughly

Yay! Thanks GreenBoy, that's quite a compliment  8), nothing beats cartoons in pyjamas. I'll have to think carefully on a new one...

Pinback

Good show gentlemen!

Yeah, there may not be heaps of entries, but I think we had a nice turn out all the same.
Good stock, good battle, goodbye!

Charlo

Yeah I love Sughly's sprite, especially his soft colors  :) ( I hope I have his ability to choose good colors)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk