Tune Contest 27th Dec. - 5th Jan. - Winter

Started by Kabukibear, Mon 27/12/2010 12:13:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Kabukibear

It's that time of year, where you huddle around the fire drinking hot chocolate and trying to keep warm.

The theme of this tune contest is: Winter.

Come up with a piece of music that will make me shiver. You can write about the blustering snow of a blizzard, the icey stillness of a snowed in morning. You can write about Christmas and santa and all the joys that come at this time of year. It's completely up to you.

It has to at least be 1 minute in length.

Any instruments and groupings are acceptable.

Any format is fine, be it midi, mp3, ogg, etc.

This might be a hard time of year with traveling and all that, so the deadline can be extended if requested.

Good luck!

AnalogGuy

I might be able to create something as well but I am sick at the moment.

Could you postpone the deadline into next week? Hopefully I will get better sooner than later...
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

Le Woltaire

AnalogGuy

Quote from: Le Woltaire on Thu 06/01/2011 16:26:24
please don't make it longer...
we already had this competition one year ago...

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=39122.0

What do you mean by making longer? Well, I doubt I can make the song anyway at the moment.
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

Kabukibear

Well, I've listened to both entries and they are both fantastic.

If I were to choose one that best expresses the theme, I am going to go with bicilotti. While I think Woltaire's is more musically challenging and engaging, I feel like bicilotti's brings for a vision of ice and snow and cold more directly.

So, congratualions bicilotti!   :=

bicilotti

Quote from: Kabukibear on Fri 07/01/2011 04:37:07
So, congratualions bicilotti!   :=

Yay! I admit it is a very unrefined composition: I am moving my first steps and I was very glad someone like it; I hope to get better!

LW, I appreciated your tune a lot, it is a beautiful track which I understood only after having listened to it many times.

See you soon with a new competition, musicians!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk