PLUGIN: agsCreditz v1.1 (v2.0 Beta available)

Started by AJA, Fri 21/02/2003 19:58:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

I loved the old Creditz plugin and am looking forward to getting my grubby little hands on the new version for the latest build of AGS.

My game is finished and all I need are some nifty scrolling credits to add icing to the cake.

As it stands now, I am helpless to get the 2.0 beta build of Creditz to work. I need an example game to see what I'm supposed to do to make it work ;-)

Please keep up the great work AJA and deliver more plug-in goodness to us!  ;D

AJA

Thanks.

Here's what you need to do:
1. Set the credits
2. Set the settings
3. Run the sequence

//void SetCredit (int sequence, int line, string credit, int x_pos, int font, int colour);

SetCredit(1,1,"Made by Kelly",-1,1,15);

//This will set a centered credit to sequence 1 to line 1 using font 1 and colour 15 (=white).

//void SequenceSettings (int sequence, int startpoint, int endpoint, int speed, int automatic, int endwait);

SequenceSettings(1,0,0,1,1,0);

//The sequence start and end points will be calculated automatically when "automatic" is 1

//void RunCreditSequence (int sequence);

RunCreditSequence(1);

//Runs credit sequence 1

I hope this helps.  ;)

TerranRich

Ah, two things I noticed about the new help file...

You didn't mention the "<>" feature of having movie-style ending credits.

Also, did you change the SetCredit() function to exclude "GenerateOutline"?

I haven't noticed anything else that would've been useful that was changed/taken away.

AJA

Quote from: terranRICH on Wed 17/03/2004 16:53:36
Ah, two things I noticed about the new help file...

You didn't mention the "<>" feature of having movie-style ending credits.

Yes, because the help file isn't compeletely finished. But the feature is still there. ;)
I might have changed it a bit, but I'm not sure :) (<> and <.> should work as before)

QuoteAlso, did you change the SetCredit() function to exclude "GenerateOutline"?

Yes, I took that away because AGS is now able to generate the outlines for fonts that don't have them. Do you think it should still be there?

Pumaman

Auto-outlining is supported for both TTF and SCI fonts.

Ishmael

I came upon something with the newest version... AGS claims it is version 2.0.1.1.

I have the Viner Hand ITC font thingy used in my game, I have it outlined, and it scrolls from the bottom of the screen upwards. The F letter, which goes way below the others I've used, leaves behind a black stripe. I don't screenshots to provied yet, but it's something like this:

Dima Software
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, |

if you catch me drift...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

AJA

Just blame the font system of AGS. :P

I'll do something about it... if I get interested.

Ishmael

Okay.

I have a suggestion: The ability to fade out the credits...

SequenceSettings (int sequence, int startpoint, int endpoint, int speed, int automatic, int endwait, int fadespeed);

...and if fadespeed is 0, for ex, the credits don't fade, they just disappear, but if it's above 0, the credits fade away, bigger number - longer time style.

Any change?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

m0ds

Sorry about this. My line of code:

SetCredit(1, 1, "DOFJSND", -1, 3, 15);

(Dima software version)

Is giving me a "cannot convert const string to string" error. What can I do to correct this?

Many thanks

Nevermind, sorry - using SSH's module now, which works for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk