Timeless Journey (Repül Az Idő) - DEMO available

Started by bbalint85, Wed 23/02/2011 08:38:50

Previous topic - Next topic

bbalint85

A hungarian game, which we have been developing for a few years now, and we've just finished the demo (english translation included).

The game takes place in the 19th century somewhere in Europe. The main character, Thorndike is a young inventor, who wants to build a steam-powered plane to defeat gravity. He must find the necessary parts and gain the respect he deserves from the city. This is the story in a nutshell, check out the screenshots and the demo!

Demo:
www.repulazido.hu

- story 80%
- graphics 50%
- puzzles 70%
- scripting 60%
- music/sound 30%  - composer found!
Enjoy!

Bálint Bartók
Kristóf Huber

Timeless Journey

arj0n

Looks very very nice!
Checking the demo tonight.

Edit:
Why's there no setup.exe in the demo dir?

bbalint85

Quote from: Arj0n on Wed 23/02/2011 08:47:18
Looks very very nice!
Checking the demo tonight.

Edit:
Why's there no setup.exe in the demo dir?

Well, the game looks best with direct3D 9 and smooth sprites on full screen, so the setup is left out on purpose. I was looking for other solutions, or maybe there will be a low res version, but currently it should be played with the default settings.

Timeless Journey

Khris

Love it. The amount of polish is amazing, especially for a free game; it looks and feels commercial all the way!

Good luck with this and keep up the high production value!

(Btw, I didn't like the installer and the missing setup, but of course there's ways around both :))

Dave Gilbert

CaptainD

Quote from: Khris on Wed 23/02/2011 14:31:05
Love it. The amount of polish is amazing

Not Polish.. . it's Hungarian!  ;D ::)

Tabata

Played the demo and it promises to be a great game!

Go on like this, please and good luck for finishing!

ALPHATT

Looks really nice. Is it going to be commercial game or freely available. (Sok szerencsét :D)
/sig

bbalint85

Thank you everyone for you kind comments so far!

Quote from: ALPHATT on Sat 26/02/2011 21:36:21
Looks really nice. Is it going to be commercial game or freely available. (Sok szerencsét :D)

We plan the game to be freely available for everyone! (Köszönjük! :D)

Timeless Journey

kconan

Nice!  I'm looking forward to the full version.  I like all the little details in each scene; especially the workshop.

RoliX

Gratz for the game!
The graphic and the animations are awesome  :o I love the puzzles too :)

ThreeOhFour

pmartin

The art style reminds me of The Adventures of Tintin. Wich is a very good thing since Georges Rémi is well know for his great sence of locality.

Fitz

Wow, the screenshots look gorgeous, especially the 2nd one! Reminds me of some children's book I read - in a good way, of course. It's the vivid colors and detailed, but only subtly shaded backgrounds. The character design is beautiful, too.

bbalint85

Found a composer, and finished our webpage:

Timeless Journey

Now there are all original music, 3 new tracks, thanks to our composer Matthew Chastney!
There were also a few modifications in the demo and some bug fixes.
How do you like the music?

Timeless Journey

splat44

I've played the demo and well done!

I've noticed the following:
Spoiler
While using the chain/hook on statue, it look as a rope instead of chain
[close]

Again, for a game that is free and looking as a commercial one, well done!

HandsFree

The style reminds me (a lot) of The Gene Machine. Was that a source of inspiration?
Looking good though!

bbalint85

Quote from: HandsFree on Mon 09/05/2011 09:18:59
The style reminds me (a lot) of The Gene Machine. Was that a source of inspiration?

Yeah, we get that a lot.. Actually, none of us ever played with that game, so It's pure coincidence. I googled some screenshots and it sure looks like the previous game for ours :) Anyway I think Jules Verne is the common ground with the games, but I will try out Gene Machine some day (after we finish Timeless Journey, not to get more similarities by accident :))

Timeless Journey

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk