Oceanspirit Dennis: The Wet Spot

Started by Ponch, Tue 01/03/2011 18:21:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

That's right, kids! Oceanspirit Dennis is back in an all new, terribly unexciting adventure!

This time around, he and Life Partner Ray (who have apparently patched things up since they're cooling off period while Dennis went off to destroy the Internet in "OSD Gets Textual") have gone off to do a little fishing.

But Oceanspirit Dennis needs your help to catch lots and lots of fish. And you don't want to let Dennis down, do you? Of course not!

CLICK HERE TO START FISHING! (21.5 Megs, ZIP Format)
(Source Code Here) (44.5 Megs, ZIP Format)

Special thanks go out to Atelier, who play tested it for me. And also to Cat, Ghost, and ProgZmax for letting me swipe their fish sprites from an old sprite jam ( http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=37907.0 ).

Also my apologies to every AGSer Ray and Dennis mention in the game. What can I tell you? AGS Today is more of a tabloid than a newspaper and you can't believe anything Ray reads in it. ;)

qptain Nemo

Hahaha, i LOVE the newspaper! XD Downloading!

m0ds

Very fun! It hads me chuckling! Alas, I am an average Dennis.

's for you! (and me)

Phil did almost begin writing a TD screenplay, but I think it later became "Hot Fuzz"

Icey

bicilotti

Keen and the dopefish!  :'(  I'm so in love with this

Ponch

Quote from: bicilotti on Tue 01/03/2011 20:25:11
Keen and the dopefish!  :'(  I'm so in love with this

Eat your veggies!

And to everyone else: Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it! Atelier and I put in a incredibly long, grueling week making it. ;)

Icey

This was quite the fun little game. Looking for word to your next one even more

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

4/5 fish heads say I'm the fisherman's fisherman even after I lost 20 lbs to several predatory attacks!

Ponch

Icey: I hear that Dennis is always looking "for wood" as well. (I made a penis joke! :D )

ProgZ: 4 of 5 is very good. But there's still one more star to earn. The question is... Are you a bad enough dude(bro)? (Insert Nintendo music here).

Monsieur OUXX

I think there should be more than a thread listing all OSD games, there should be a frontend allowing to start them all from within one unique game :-D

Ponch

Quote from: Ouxxey_games on Wed 02/03/2011 10:21:15
I think there should be more than a thread listing all OSD games, there should be a frontend allowing to start them all from within one unique game :-D

Well, OSD is open source. So I think you should get right on that, sir!  ;D

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 02/03/2011 14:26:34
Well, OSD is open source. So I think you should get right on that, sir!  ;D

You're overestimating my skills :-D

tzachs

Woohoo!!
Will play this on the weekend...

Ponch

Quote from: tzachs on Wed 02/03/2011 22:18:54
Woohoo!!
Will play this on the weekend...

That's the best time to go fishing! :D

tzachs

Haha, this was fun, even though I am a vegeterian...
That was probably the reason I only turned out to be an average fisherman, what with trying to fish with a bait that can't really exist in the real world...

Ponch

Quote from: tzachs on Sat 05/03/2011 14:02:17
Haha, this was fun, even though I am a vegeterian...
That was probably the reason I only turned out to be an average fisherman, what with trying to fish with a bait that can't really exist in the real world...

Glad you liked it! :D

Dualnames

"FOREVER FRIDAY PART THREE
COMES OUT NEXT MONTH!"
-Ponch

You just made my day. Actually my month. Also I just played the wet spot. That was nice. 3 out of 5.  ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 09/03/2011 01:45:56
"FOREVER FRIDAY PART THREE
COMES OUT NEXT MONTH!"
-Ponch

You just made my day. Actually my month. Also I just played the wet spot. That was nice. 3 out of 5.  ;)

Thanks! I can't promise the game will come out on April 1st (my original plan), but I can promise it will be out before the end of April.

Also, glad you liked The Wet Spot. There are 200 different things you can fish out of the sea. A true OSD fan won't stop until he's found them all.  ;)

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 09/03/2011 03:46:30
I got a babel fish.  ;)
Put it in your ear and Dennis will suddenly speak perfect English!  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk