Shadowgate Remake

Started by skitt2501, Mon 14/03/2011 22:35:53

Previous topic - Next topic

skitt2501

Hello folks.

I recently started using AGS, and I've gotta say it's so much fun! A couple months ago, as I was learning the program, as well as Blender and Sketchup, I decided to make a third person remake of the NES classic, Shadowgate. After I got halfway through, I realized I should start on something original, which I am working on now. So this is all I will do with this game. It's done.

So here is the full first half of the game. You can do everything that was in the original NES game, up till the end of the first half (more or less).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VKBBPYSF

However, you'll notice several changes. First, it's in third person, so like a typical sierra-style adventure game (except for the lack of a talk button). Therefore, there are some different solutions to the puzzles of the original game, such as hitting, or using as opposed to taking. It's not that drastic of a change, and you'll probably figure it out. Also, I've replaced much of the original text and descriptions and such with my own, but I've kept some of the better lines from the original.

Also, instead of the original 2 torches at a time, you only get one. Cause seriously, how can you hold two torches at once and do all the stuff you do in the game?

The last change is the graphics, which is an obvious change. It's completely new, and I made all of it as I was learning how to use Blender and Google sketchup (which is why it's a little hard on the eyes), but the animations are great, and I like to think some of the graphics are actually pretty good.

So enjoy this game, and let me know how you think it is! I'll also try to post this in the AGS games page.

Oh and by the way, like I said I know the graphics are pretty bad (some examples below) so please don't just reply saying that. Thanks!

Screenshots:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk