Tune Contest 03/04 to 22/04: HORROR

Started by Pinback, Sat 02/04/2011 21:46:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinback

Shocking!
Gory!
Scary!

This fortnights Tune Contest topic will be;

Any genre/tempo/instruments will be accepted. The more ominous/startling/disturbing the better. Foreboding soundscapes, relentlessly pounding gory beats, B-Grade Horror movie soundtrack style - all these and more are acceptable. As long as it's scary! Or Unnerving. Or just generally creepy. You get the idea.

Comp ends on the 17th April,

Good luck!

Mouth for war

Haha I've never entered a contest before and I'm sure I won't win but here's my short cartoon horror piece I made for Jimmy the troublemaker 2 :D

http://www.2shared.com/audio/OpOSTYiR/scaaary.html

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Pinback

Damn good stuff Mouth for war. Love the wobbly tape, the echoey slidey pings, very unsettling. Hell it's midmorning here and your track is kinda freaking me out, great work!

Mouth for war

Thanks a lot. Hope there will be more contestants though. Come on people :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Bror_Jon

Quote from: monkey_05_06
I officially love you good sir, Always and Eternally.

Pinback

Sweet entry jon_swe. I felt it had a kind of 'Light at the end of the tunnel' feel at some points, which worked well, and very scary to boot. Really quest-like too. Like yeah, I wanna pop a witches eyeball out now! Woo!

Okay so I'm joining in the fun too, with a non-entry entry. It's made from 90% kids cartoon theme song samples, with a dread skew. Or you could just call it noise pollution.

http://www.2shared.com/audio/Eft_ix9X/Saturday_Morning_Horrorshow.html

AnalogGuy

2 days extension please?

I'll try to hurry and make something as well...   ;D
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

Pinback

2 days extension granted ptpt88. Sorry about the delayed reply:S

Contest will now close on 04/22.

AnalogGuy

Sorry to let you down this time... too strict time now...  :(
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

Pinback

@ ptpt88 - No worries:)

And the winner is *drum roll* jon_swe

This was bloody difficult to call as I really felt you guys both made great pieces. I thought they were both quite cohesive and interesting, each evoking a truly horrific atmosphere. Mouth of war's entry had a surreal and eldritch quality which I really dig, jon_swe's building crescendo's and grand scale also very appealing. 

Great work guys:D

jon_swe - the ball is in your court now;)

Bror_Jon

Quote from: monkey_05_06
I officially love you good sir, Always and Eternally.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk