In need of a little help! - Quick questionnaire regarding game development.

Started by Chicky, Sat 23/04/2011 17:21:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicky

Hi guys, i'm desperately in need of some responses for a questionnaire i'm running. It's in aid of a research project i have undertaken as part of an assignment for my final year at uni. It's quite specific and maybe not so relevant to a lot of you, but hell i just need to make up the numbers!

It was designed to be sent to full time game developers, so the questions tend to lean towards 'in your experience in the industry'. A little role play may be in order here.

If you could complete the questionnaire to the best of your ability, for anything you're not sure on just make an educated guess. The responses are anonymous, i just need some data to analyse.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1jd25TM0M4SllOak9nSVExMmpfd0E6MA

If you notice any errors, do let me know! Thank you kindly in advance!

Igor Hardy

How should I understand "cinematic sequences" and "cinematic experience"? FMV?

Or maybe Another World like presentation style?

EDIT: OK. I think I got it after going through the whole.

Chicky

Chicky

Wow, sorry to bump my own thread but i just wanted to say a big thanks to the 8 individuals who filled out the questionnaire!

That's not sarcasm, that really is a lot more responses than i expected on such a specific topic. Thank you very much to those who participated, big feathery pat on the back to you!

If anyone else would like to participate, you still have a few days!

SpacePirateCaine

Hey Chicky - Just filled it out and tried to be specific on my answers, but I did want to point out that I think your definition of "film production roles" is a little hazy. There were a number of places where I wasn't quite sure whether to answer yes or no, as there are a number of skillsets that are parallel, but not necessarily directly connected. You might want to put some sort of preamble, perhaps, on the document to explain exactly what you define as "film production roles".

If you include the creation of animated content, like 2D or 3D cartoons, there are a lot of areas that overlap. I would consider those film as well, but if you're talking about live film, then it's a little different.

Just my two cents.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk