"Can not set video mode" - ??

Started by brut4lhedgeh0g, Sun 01/05/2011 03:37:44

Previous topic - Next topic

brut4lhedgeh0g

Okay so I'm kind of new to this and all. I downloaded a game and I was playing it earlier. I decided to do something else so I quit the game and did whatever. A few hours later I wanted to play again, but it came up with the whole "There was a problem initializing graphics mode 320 x 200 (16-bit). (Problem: 'Can not set video mode')" - ect. You get the point.
I know tons of people probably already answered this question but it just confuses me. I'm not really good with this stuff.
I mean - what could've happened in the few hours that I was gone that could not allow me to play this game again?

Mr Flibble

Have you tried changing the resolution in the "winsetup.exe" file that came with the game, and then select the 2x graphics filter? Or select "run in a window" and see if that works.
The only problem with that is your saved game from before wouldn't load after changing those options (as far as I know?) so maybe someone else can offer a more robust solution.

What were you doing between now and when you were playing earlier? Are there any new programs running?
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Khris

Using the x2/x3/x4 filter won't break savegames.

It used to be possible to change the native resolution, those savegames were incompatible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk