Nine Hours To Dawn

Started by vertigoaddict, Sat 14/05/2011 16:10:11

Previous topic - Next topic

vertigoaddict

I have entered Belluci's farm (the cave) and have met the guy (Blue light). How am I supposed to get rid of him?

I have the bible, flashlight, wood cleaner, lighter, string and crystal ball from the necklace, Christmas ornament, GPS and the salt shaker.

Tabata

If it won't let you through when it is told to do, you might find something to gain his respekt ...

Tabata

Quote from: mdm2968 on Sat 14/05/2011 20:37:37
I've got to the point in the game where I am trying to poison Jack with the coffee.  I've given him the coffee several times but it doesn't have any effect on him.

Well, if you did not poison the coffee, I would drink it also    ;)

vertigoaddict

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 14/05/2011 16:44:49
If it won't let you through when it is told to do, you might find something to gain his respekt ...

I'm still pretty stuck, I mean I'm thinking I might either have to...

Spoiler
find something that relates to the Da Vinci Painting and show it to him or I'm somehow supposed to convince the professor woman to come with me into the cave and have an inteligent conversation with him OR get some pot. But I can't seem to do anything with the painting, The professor woman only says "I'm sure you'll know what to do with Sal" and I can't seem to find any signs of pot
[close]

Did I skip something?

Cogliostro

VertigoAddict

Small Hint
Spoiler

When Astrid meet the 80's teenage ghost, the ghost said she was caught in a trap made from her own past.

If Jonathon Bellucci (the blue orb) is caught in the same type of trap.  What would scare him?

[close]

Medium Hint
Spoiler

First, when you were inside the shed you missed an item you need to solve this puzzle.

Look at the plant beds in the cave.  What was growing down there?  Look at them until you figure it out.  *THIS IS A REQUIRED STEP.*

[close]

Big Hint
Spoiler

Jonathon Bellucci was growing pot.  Like the 80's girl-ghost/Jennifer/his daughter he thinks he's still alive and the motivations he had when he was alive are the ones that effect him now.

Who would make a pot farmer want to leave?

How can you impersonate someone like that?

[close]

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

vertigoaddict

Thanks for the tip but...

Spoiler
Astrid does not go back out after I give her the crystal, I googled the verse though and got the padlock number. If this was the bug you mentioned that appears in version 1.3.0.1 then this is the only version I can seem to get, I tried downloading it again but I keep getting version 1.3.0.1
[close]

Cogliostro

Astrid disappeared after you gave her the crystal?  Yep, that's the bug.

I just re-tested the whole thing two hours ago, I'll upload that now.

Spoiler

If you googled the answer to the lock, the game will work normally from there.
[close]

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Michael2968

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 14/05/2011 21:04:08
Quote from: mdm2968 on Sat 14/05/2011 20:37:37
I've got to the point in the game where I am trying to poison Jack with the coffee.  I've given him the coffee several times but it doesn't have any effect on him.

Well, if you did not poison the coffee, I would drink it also    ;)

Thanks for the hint. I finished the game in 2 of the 3 endings so far.

Krimson

Hello!

Spoiler
I'm stuck in hour 6, at the part where you're supposed to get help for Gordy after his run in with the skeleton. When I try to walk down the road, Jack tells me that he's not going to just wander along the road hoping that he'll find a friendly motorist. I've managed to make a candle out of the string and the wood polish, and I think that I'm supposed to light it to flag down help, but I can't find a lighter anywhere. Am I missing something really obvious?
[close]

Thanks! 

Tabata

@mdm:
Congratulations!  :)

Maybe you want to vote about this game or/and leave a comment for other users.
You can do it  here

@Krimson:
Did you already ...
Spoiler
save Gordy and he is in the mansion or is he still with the zombie?
[close]

Edit:
Aaaah - I think, I found it. You only ...
Spoiler
chose the wrong direction to go.
[close]

Krimson

Yep, that worked. I could have sworn I tried that before though :-\. Oh well.

Thanks!

AndyfromVA

I cannot figure out how to get the combination for the lock.  I've looked at the hints and I'm still stumped.  I have the salt shaker, necklace and crystal, bottle of cleaner, bible and GPS.

Tabata

There are some more steps to get this code.

First you need to
Spoiler
look at the lock to get more hints.
[close]

Therefore you need
Spoiler
a part of an item you already have in your inventory.
[close]

Afterwards you may know someone else, who is able to help you going further on.

lenzery

Hello.

I need a candle..

Ive GPS, axe, lighter, string, flashlights

Tabata

You will find something useful in
Spoiler
one of the bathrooms[\hide]
[close]

dronon

I think I've found another bug. (Windows 64, not playing as administrator.)  After Gordy gets dragged off and you chase after him to the side of the house, instead of turning on my flashlight, I simply left.  I got the "Running won't save you, coward!" message, the screen turned red, and I woke up in the upstairs bedroom.  Except I was the only person in the room, instead of with everyone else standing around Gordy.  My character didn't stand up, and when I tried using the walk icon, my curled-up body started drifting across the floor, and then the game crashed.

Thanks for putting in the option to skip the wolf sequence!  I enjoyed the game very much!

discompalas

AN intriguing game full of suspense..great job there..
unfortunately im stuck..I currently have to find what to do with the belluci ghost.

My two questions : where do i get the christmas ornament? I havent found the girls ghost after the first appearance

How I can proceed? The hints earlier didnt help me; how I can convience him to go?

Tabata

Quote from: discompalas on Thu 07/07/2011 23:02:08
My two questions : where do i get the christmas ornament?
You should take a look ...
Spoiler
behind the pic on the 1st floor.
[close]

Quote from: discompalas on Thu 07/07/2011 23:02:08
How I can proceed? The hints earlier didnt help me; how I can convience him to go?
I don't know, what you have in inventory, but you will need two items to solve this (and one of it is the named above), so you may understand the earlier hints more easily, after you got that thing.  ;)

Good luck!

Tabata

Quote from: merlin86 on Sat 16/02/2013 15:06:44
Where can I get the lighter?

You wil be able to get it ...
Spoiler
... from Gordy  ... (after his "accident").
[close]

axxesfun

stuck since the very beginning...

I cant see where to make ANY progress on. Beside the gps, I only managed to get a car jack.
Investigated everything, spoke to everybody, tried to combine all items with everything.
Please let me know of the (probably) small missing detail to keep continue in this game... thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk