SPRITE JAM: From the Côte d'Azur ... with love (July 26th - Aug 5th) WINNER

Started by , Tue 26/07/2011 00:54:00

Previous topic - Next topic

æ

Please, send me a picture postcard - and share a bit of yourself, something personal.

* Draw a pixelated character with something in common with you. Feel free to add few objects, decor or landscape to illustrate the scene: a moment of your life, your hobbyhorse, a character trait of you, etc.

* We just want to get to know you better. The focus is to be candid and authentic about yourself. As well as creative: You could mix up styles (e.g. you wearing medieval clothing because you like a historic topic). Or you portrait yourself cooking while being on a pirate ship (because you like the ocean). Expressivity takes preference over realism.

* Drop an explanatory line.

I promise the winner a kiss (if male) or a present (if female), both animated  :)

Have fun!

Sughly

It's such a shame noone's entered anything yet! It's such a good idea. Well, I'm pretty damn busy but I'll try something tomorrow, just to give your idea some love 8)

EDIT: Ehhhh wait... when you say 'pixellated', do you literally mean pixel art? 'Caus I sucks at that :'(

CoffeeBob

This does sound like a fun theme, and I might have an idea for it. I'll see what I can come up with. :)

Quote from: Amélie on Tue 26/07/2011 00:54:00I promise the winner a kiss (if male)
Well, colour me intrigued! :=

æ

Thanks for both your interest! I'll also share a non-competitive entry about me...

@Sughly: The 'pixelated' should only make the jam accessible for all. But of course higher resolution drawings are also very welcome. Maybe an uncoloured or unfinished pencil sketch is even more personal and interesting. So art is liberal.

The only necessity is at least a head/ face (regardless how simple) on which I could adjust my winning animation  ;)

WHAM

Raaagh! I have an idea but I can't get it to look anywhere near right!  >:(
MUST TRY HARDER!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

CoffeeBob

Well, I finished up a little something. Thought it'd be a shame if no one entered the comp, it was a pretty cool theme. :)

That's me, on a flying NES controller. Looking all happy and stuff. :D
I'd say it quite simply symbolizes my love for video games, and how my ambition to become a great game designer carries me forward through life. I live to create (and to play games too, of course. ;D) The pixellized style and the controller represent my special fondness for what is now considered retro games, the games of the older era that sparked my initial interest in the media.
The style is very inspired by the one Paul Robertson used for the Scott Pilgrim game on Xbox Live Arcade/PSN, which by the way is an awesome beat-em-up game. ;D

That's about it for my entry. Hope to see more before the deadline arrives tomorrow. :)

æ

Princess Zelda: "Thank you so much for saving me and the competition, brave CoffeeBob!"

CoffeeBob: "My pleasure! But setting up the new sprite jam is now
my burden to keep
. Well, let's saddle up on Link's horse Epona and ride to new adventures..."
__

CoffeeBob, thanks for your beautiful and creative entry!  :)
I find your sprite very inspiring, and the combination between your personal gaming career and the Nintendo NES with it's iconic arcade design is great. The whole finish (coloring, fx) is perfect, it looks like real game art!

A well deserved win! (I will send you the rewarding animation soon.)

Armageddon

Aw man, If I had entered I could be riding with Zelda right now. :(

I hope more people enter the next jammage.

CoffeeBob

I'm riding with Zelda, and I got to steal/borrow Link's sword and clothes? Awesome! ;D
And I won the comp, yay! Shame there weren't more entries, but I get to save the princess so I won't complain.
Also, that's a very cool winning sprite. Did you make it from scratch, Amélie? :)

I'll get around to hosting the new comp in a few minutes. Hopefully it'll be a theme that hasn't been done before, I'm thinking it might result in some interesting entries.
Thanks for hosting, Amélie! Let's hope there'll be more entries in the next jam. Until then..! *rides away on Epona*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk