[MAGS] Oceanspirit Denise: Heroics In The Nick Of Time!

Started by , Fri 18/11/2011 01:55:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

They say you haven't lived until you've made an OSD game...

Ghost presents:
Oceanspirit Denise: Heroics In The Nick Of Time
an Interactive Boss Battle

The Blues Brothers are in town, with their sleeves rolled up and looking for trouble. Whoohoo partner Rei accidently angers them enough to make them start a Boss Fight!
Oceanspirit Denise (small typo, big difference) hurries to the rescue. But the awesomeness of the Blue Brothers leaves her with a cruelly depowered and
useless set of combat moves- can you help her save the day? And Rei, too, so that there can be whoohoo?

This game was made for the MAGS competition of November 2011, themed "Oceanspirit Dennis".
If you like it, why not vote for it at MAGS ?

And yes, it's short. It's silly! It's maybe not even a game... Wait, YES it is! It is obviously the BEST Oceanspirit Denise game yet!
Don't take my word for it-  find out for yourself!

Get it here for IMPROVISED fights!

Top-notch philosophy while dramatically outlined against the moon!

The Blues Brothers are in town!

...and she's not left-handed either!

arj0n

Corby

That was a fun way to start my day. 5/5 stars! Animated Rei was great.

Ponch

Funny little game. I like her list of attacks. I only wish I'd been able to use Call Mommy. Or better yet: Call Daddy! The Batman would have sorted those two out!  8)

Monsieur OUXX

The game was very simple but the finish was excellent. Great!

Ghost

Arjon: Your approval does the fillings of me with great pride!

Corby: Thanks! And Rei was the one who started it all; at one point I had to ike out her animations because I couldn't playtest without giggling!

Ponch: Sorry about the "Call Mommy". First, in this version, which is of course the start of the "Oceanspirit Typoverse", Denises dad is (naturally), BatGIRL. And we know what happens when Batgirl enters a scene. Three words. Siamese. Human. Knot.* Second, seeing this is the Oceanspirit Typoverse, the attack's name has a typo too, and would have resulted in a MUMMY to appear, and that would have resulted in a Bondage situation. Elwood probably anticipated this, and took care to depower that move so much that it disappeared.

Monsier OUXX- Thanks a lot, and hopefully this will start a new trend of making games with great endings!  ;)

----------------------------------------
* REALLY! NO KIDDING!

Tabata

"YAY!"
Fighting with OSDenise is something, that even I like 

Ghost

Yays indeed! Now go and grab your copy before the sky falls down again and we are given the denyings of the forum screens!
(I even fixed a typo. Yes. I fixed a TYPO in an OSD game! Is that novel? Yes it is!)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Ghost

Quote from: ProgZmax on Mon 05/12/2011 23:10:35
Silly, jokey, but pretty neat anyway.
Thanks a lot- there really WAS no other way to pull it off  ;)

I've uploaded the source for anyone who's interested- find it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w267h278qb1h4iy

steptoe

Another example of shit at the highest level

keep up the good (eh bad) work  ;)
It's not over until the fat lady sings..

Ghost

Quote from: steptoe on Sun 15/01/2012 12:26:39
Another example of shit at the highest level

Your approval does the fillings of me with a feeling of all teh warm insides. Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk