Limey Lizard: Cursor Quizzer!

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Mon 16/01/2012 19:20:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

For those of you who have been keeping up with my website over at www.pixelgeddon.com, I've been dropping hints since December about what my next 'big' project is going to be, and it has a lot to do with the return of a certain lovable cockney lizard.

As the next game will not be restricted to Commodore 64 double-wide pixels and colors, I've had some time to work on some NEW cursor variants that I want to share with you and get your vote on.  Bearing in mind that my goal is to maintain some consistency with the original game style and lightheartedness, have a look at the cursors below and then, if you feel like it, go to my website and cast your vote for the one you like the best since polls are neat!

The original cursor

The NEW cursors

Additionally, if you have the perfect cursor in mind for Limey to chase across the vast expanse of space, through sewers, and even a jungle planet (SPOILER!), draw me an example or explain how it looks so I can recreate it.  

If I have enough good suggestions by this Sunday I'll take the top 3 voted cursors from my list and combine them with your suggested cursors for a second round of voting!

Ghost

I love the Limey revamp!

I shall go an vote immediately!

Ah, everyone is doing it here. So I'll do the same:
1 and 2. 6 is nice, too, but maybe less obvious as a cursor.

Dualnames

I'm going definitely with 1, and 6 is good as well. Please avoid 3 or 4, puts me off.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Igor Hardy

I picked the 1st option. The traditionalist in me wouldn't allow otherwise.

Ponch

I like number one. Two, four, or seven are also nice.

Also, if you're going to use my suggested sequel title of "Basura Blizzard", then I demand a percentage of the profits.  ;)

Armageddon

1st for sure, but it looks a little blurry, maybe use less anti-aliasing? :-\

Ryan Timothy B

Am I too late to join the party?
I vote on number 2. It's simple and doesn't obscure the item you're interacting with.

I also love the new Limey.

david

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

After a week's worth of votes, 50% of all the votes went with the more 'classical' cursor, so that's what I'll be using.  And fear not, for those of you who also liked the arrow, I'm going to use that for menus (and Limey's trusty spanner is making a return as an inventory item so we'll be seeing that again)!

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it helped me settle with the cursor choice I most preferred but wasn't sure if it was the best choice.

Armageddon

Just don't use the hand, looks like he's shooting the bird. :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk