Giving back to the forum

Started by AnasAbdin, Thu 26/01/2012 09:12:57

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

I don't want to sound idealistic or anything, but I read here that Chris Jones pays from his own pocket to keep the forum for us. I wanted to know where and how we can participate if possible?

ThreeOhFour

We tried something similar with the Bake Sale (albeit not quite the same) and Chris politely declined.

Would be nice if we could share the burden, though.

m0ds

Sure. Transferring CJ's current responsibilities over to other people is in the works (bless his cotton socks!) and when that happens there can hopefully be a "pot" for people to contribute to to keep everything running nicely. No recent problems though, and hopefully none in the near future - fingers crossed. But yes, it's an issue. Being run from CJ's pocket means long delays getting things done, so ideally it's time to ask him to stop paying for it and let others so that we can have it running more efficiently. Still, wait & see what happens...

AnasAbdin

It's not like a donation or charity... I really feel kinda awkward every time I browse the forums or post something. Recently I joined general discussions and coloring competitions and it just feels wrong not to do anything. I don't know about forums hosting finances but IMHO if each of the daily active members gave a little bit then all bandwidth problems would be gone. I'm not suggesting taking over the forums or responsibilities, all I'm saying is please let us at least share the finances.

m0ds

True. We're lucky CJ has a good job and earns enough to support it all (so it's free for us) - but I'm sure if it was run by a struggling student things would be different!! And, with CJ's departure inevitable - hopefully the new "AGS team" can bring in things like this and be grateful of your generosity to work on new ideas and maintenence etc. As Ben said, CJ is not interested in your moneys. Not one bit, it would seem. But what you're asking isn't unfamiliar territory, at all - so I'm really hoping we can intergrate something that would make good use of any donations in the future. The best thing now is probably to buy a bake sale, to show the idea is viable and what not, or, you could buy your own game and congratulate yourself, because CJ would I'm sure be happy to hear you are able to make something from it  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk