Hello, fellow AGSers! It's been a while since I've done anything even remotely useful for the community, so here goes...
Since scotch hasn't been active for years now, I decided to remake the Theora plugin in order to fix some things that have been bothering me. (I hope he doesn't mind.) Well, as it turns out I went a bit further and also added the possibility to create Direct3D textures and render them. And since this plugin only supports the Direct3D driver (and 32bit colours), I've decided to megalomaniacally call this the Direct3D plugin.Restrictions:
- Games must be played with the Direct3D driver
- Only 32 bit colours supported
- Play external Theora video files (with extremely simple obfuscation)
- Create textures from AGS sprites
- Create textures from external image files
- Transparency, tinting
- Some kind of "free memory on room change" automation. (Because room_Leave is called before fade out, argh!)
I made this plugin for my own needs so I really have no idea if anybody else finds it useful. If you do, feel free to post any comments, feature suggestions or bug reports.
It's not fully tested 'cause I'm a lazy sod. That's why it currently prints debug information into a debug.txt file. Send it to me if the plugin crashes your game or something weird happens. Also, no demo game available for now, sorry. There's a couple of examples in the manual, though.