Sprite Jam - Sock puppets (Feb 19th to Mar 4th 2012)

Started by Cino, Sun 19/02/2012 08:35:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Cino

It's still cold and freezing in many parts of the world, so it's a nice time to look for some warmth that wool socks provide us... and slide on the floor wearing them... Whoops, got a hole in my pair now ::)

Well at least I can make a sock puppet out of it. You guys got any ideas what it should look like?

Draw me a sprite of a sock puppet, doesn't matter if it's a simple sock with buttons as eyes or a big muppet. No size restrictions.

Need some inspiration? Check this video

The deadline is 4th of March.

There's some trophies as well (sorry, the washing machine ate one sock of each pair):

cat

This topic is awesome!

Ekeko

Ohhh! Me wants sock trophy!  :D
I'll see if I can come up with something!

Tabata

There seems to be someone interested in solving an urban legend, well known as "ssph" (single-socks-phänomen) ;)

I'll try to come up with a sock-puppet that is similar to an old one from Germany that I loved.

EDIT:
... aaand here we go - please let me introduce to you:

Booker - the bookworm

(done in fine knit)

Booker might be a grandson of Mr. Lehmann, a bookworm (called Lemmi).
Lemmi - a knitted sock-puppet - was one of the main characters of a well known tv-series from the seventies in Germany called „Lemmi und die Schmöker“. It was for to animate children reading books in an entertaining way and took place in the department of a children's library.

apl1985

Hello there! I'm new here! Can someone help me getting started with AGS?

J/K

...not about the part about being new here though.
Anyway, I thought I'd enter this fine competition as my first post.

Can you guess which famous sockpuppet it's supposed to resemble?

Tabata

... to the forum apl1985!

You did a sweet starter with your first post in here!

About getting started with AGS  you might take a look here â€" and not to forget â€" downloading AGS of course ;) 
Good luck and have fun!

apl1985

Thanks man! And my sprite is supposed to be Triumph the insult comic dog from Late Night with Conan O'brien. Youtube that for some good laughs.

Cino

Welcome to the forums apl1985 and I'm glad and honored to have your first post in the competition I'm hosting. And both entries are neat so far! Keep them coming!

betocapo

Hello!!!! Here's my sprite.
This time it's a bird puppet, I hope you like it !!!!!

Cino

Since the forum was down, I'll give an extension if anyone wants to submit an entry. If not, I will announce the winners later today.
Very nice entries so far!

Cino

So it's about time to announce the masters of sock art!

I must say, it was quite hard to choose, since all of the entries are well done, but someone has to go home with the trophies so here it comes:

3rd place and the bronze sock goes to cat:

2nd place and the silver sock goes to apl1985:

And the golden sock goes to Tabata for the amazing Booker the bookworm. If I ever find myself in a need a sock puppet, I know where to ask now ;)

I want to thank everyone for participating and making this a fun competition. See you again in the next one!
I'll leave the rest it the capable hands Tabata now...

Tabata

That was a nice themed competition with lovely entries! I like all of them!

Thank you for making me the woman with the golden gun sock   ;D

Now I first have to search for the second one and then I can think about the theme for a new sprite jam (so it might take a little while) ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk