Need a look over for some code of mine

Started by Terrorcell, Sat 14/04/2012 11:35:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Terrorcell

So I have been trying my hand at an RTS game in AGS. I chose AGS for its engine as a sought of challenge.
Basically, I've been going at it for some time now, and I've found a fair few things that, due to some of AGS' restrictions in the coding department, have become rather difficult to implement.

I need someone to take a look at the code (I will comment it heavily) and point out any issues, give suggestions, etc, etc.
You will be added in the credits for your troubles, but I really only need maybe two people to help out. Everything will be sent over pm's here.
I started this topic in the Advanced Technical Forum because I don't want a team (so there are no time limits and so I can work on it whenever I like) and because the game is by no means complete.
Also, I would like the code and any discussions of this to be private, as it is my first attempt at something as challenging as this.

Anyway, cheers for any help, pm me if you're at all interested,
   - Terrorcell

Gilbert

Quote from: Terrorcell on Sat 14/04/2012 11:35:56
I started this topic in the Advanced Technical Forum because I don't want a team (so there are no time limits and so I can work on it whenever I like) and because the game is by no means complete.
Also, I would like the code and any discussions of this to be private, as it is my first attempt at something as challenging as this.

No, you are still asking for someone to collaborate with you in someway, so it fits the Recruitment forum more.

Terrorcell

mystazsea

Glad to Help.....I have developed simple RTS/RPG ELEMENTS in the past with AGS ...
It sounds like you have some idea...BECAUSE YOU COMMENT YOUR CODE!!! haha
Best way to learn ...I wish everyone would do that
So yeah drop me a line anytime...
Happy to give advice or actual scripts...

Although AGS does have some restrictions...It is about being flexible...Its all achievable..
I tend to use Dialogs for complex scripts due to its built in File integration but custom scripts can be added quite easily like modules

So like you can code an AI script and then import it and then call it as a FUNCTION anytime you like in the game..

Anyway drop me a line..

Tas

www.Willowmavin.com
Trousers on then put on shoes...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk