SPRITE JAM: WINNER ANNOUNCED of Haiku. Ends May 5th

Started by , Fri 27/04/2012 00:10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

æ

The Haiku is a very short form of Japanese poetry. It's imagistic, capturing a single moment in a very few words.
In 1686, Matsuo Bashō composed the frog poem:    an ancient pond  |  a frog jumps in  |  splash of water

So beautiful. Just as much as this sprite jam:

• Find a haiku, or create/ modify one; please mention it.
  • Illustrate it using your imagination. If you like, keep your sprites small and simple.
e.g. I visualized one from this website:

æ

I'm not sure if the haiku theme is too much asked (in workload or difficulty) for a sprite jam?
Maybe the abandoned idea for a 'sprite with a bow' - competition would have been more fun...

Stupot

I think the Haiku theme is a lovely idea. I might have a go myself if I get the chance.
If people need inspiration they can go to the Haiku thread.

Victor6

It's probably too awesome an idea. Folks are off reading haiku's instead of drawing sprites.....well that's my excuse anyway. This requires a little more thought than my usual 'scribble->scan->sprite' method.

ZapZap

No blossoms and no moon, / and he is drinking sake / all alone!
Matsuo Bashō

I made some kind of adaptation/interpretation of the haiku. I made it quick and I couldn't find a way to make it bigger without automatic antialiasing, I'm really lazy about these things, sorry.
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

æ

Congratulation, Cleanic, you are my winner â€" with a subtle triptych composition that illustrates the melancholia of this witty haiku. And the reflection sparkling in his eye is a fine detail. Your entry points up how rare but precious poets are.

Thanks for all those kind words, guys.

straydogstrut

This was a very good idea for a competition, it's a shame you didn't get more entries ( I feel guilty I didn't get around to attempting this.. but I did look out my little Haiku book though :) ) and Cleanic deserves the win. Well done!

ZapZap

True... it was a nice idea, it should have gotten more entries, I don't think I deserved the win. Well, I'm gonna think of something for the next one right now
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk