AGS 3.3.2 released
Please, read "Upgrading to AGS 3.3" topic in the manual that comes with this version before upgrading your game project to 3.3.0 or 3.3.2! It contains important information on few potential problems you may encounter.
Released: 28th September 2014
Previous version: AGS 3.3.0 forum thread
A special note regarding this release:
A special note regarding version number:Changes since version 3.3.0:
(most of these were included in updates 3.3.0-hotfix1, 3.3.0-hotfix-2, 3.3.0-update1 and 3.3.0-hotfix-3)
* Reimplemented alternate display modes, now side-borders and top/bottom borders should work properly for all game and screen resolutions. There are still certain limitations to which resolutions AGS can use; these will be removed in following releases (see AGS 3.4.0 alpha
* Added config option to run pre-3.1.0 lo-res games in hi-res mode.
Some of the older games could be run in distinct lo-res (320x200/240) and hi-res (640x400/480) modes. They could use different graphics (e.g. fonts) depending on this mode. (Noteable example are first parts of Blackwell series) This was useful back then because old AGS did not have any scaling filters.
Newer engines do not have (and do not need) this capability, but with this option you may force 3.3.2 engine to run lo-res game in hi-res.
NOTE: this is only important if you run old games with new interpreter (on Windows or other platforms). You do not need this to develop your own games.
To enable this option, manually put these lines in the acsetup.cfg:
* Fixed Editor crashing when user types "#define" in script.
* Fixed error in game compilation after user moves item folders up or down in the project tree.
* Fixed bug which could make Character.Transparency and Object.Transparency properties return
slightly incorrect values.
* Fixed bug that could let user to load corrupted savedgame, which in turn could cause more trouble.
* Provided error handling for several exceptional cases on graphics mode initialization (program
should at least close normally, showing comprehensible error message).
* Fixed crash in legacy built-in inventory screen (called with InventoryScreen script function).
* Fixed a rare bug in script interpreter that could cause misinterpretation of value provided by plugin.
* Fixed "--setup" command line argument not working if it is not the first argument.
* Fixed WinSetup dialog not sized properly when larger fonts (DPI) option is used in
Windows display settings.
* Write the game data version and the list of supported graphic modes to the log.
* Fixed Speech.VoiceMode example.Changes that correct things broken by the superseding 3.3.0 updates:
(you do not need to know these if you upgrade from the very first 3.3.0 release, or even older versions)
* Restored letterboxed-by-design game mode (broken in 3.3.0 update-1).
* Fixed misinterpreted 320x200 resolution type when running very old games (broken in 3.3.0 update-1).