AGS 18.104.22.168 "Beta 1" is released and announcement is posted here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53665.0
I guess we should move further talk into that thread, since it is close to final release.Specific changes since 22.214.171.124:
Includes all changes brought by 3.3.5 Patch 2 and 3 update:http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53658.0
- Added Script API version switch to the project's General Settings. For every supported API version a "SCRIPT_API_vXXX" macro is introduced, where XXX are version numbers.
- Added explicit project option to use old-style dialog options API (in "Backward Compatibility" section). Introduced related "NEW_DIALOGOPTS_API" macro in scripts (if defined, then new dialog options API is used).
- Fixed compiler reporting errors as "runtime errors" under certain circumstances.
- Fixed compilation of struct member functions having name identical to existing global function.
- Fixed compilation of structs having members with names identical to non-basic types, global variables and game entities (such as characters, GUI, etc).
- Fixed continue statement did not work inside a switch block housed inside a loop.
- Fixed speech.vox was not copied to proper output folder when game is built for the first time.
- New splash screen!
- Added runtime support for experimental version of AGS with custom resolution feature that was never officially released, but nevertheless used to create few games, such as "All The Way Down". This means that you can run such games using the new engine.
- Minor fixes related to 3.3.5 file path features (some things were not reimplemented properly in 3.4.0).
- Fixed resource leak in the Direct3D renderer.
- Rised default sprite cache limit for desktop platforms to 100 MB (was 20).
- Reworked WinSetup to allow somewhat simplier selection of the graphics mode.