I made my OROW game with AGS 184.108.40.206 and found a few issues. I'll post them here now.
If needed, I can create tracker issues later, but I'd like to know if these are real issues at all.
- Dialog editor: when adding code in dialog editor, autocomplete does not add a space after typing a comma, however it does if writing code in normal script file.
- Sprite editor: after importing a new sprite (large with alpha channel) the editor switches to another tab (but the sprite tab stays open). Does not always happen.
- The BASS template that is shipped with AGS needs to be updated (processClick)
- I managed to crash the editor with the properties and help window. To reproduce:
open room, select object in properties grid
click baseline property
open help (set as on top), help fills screen but does not have focus. AGS is hidden behind and has still the focus
start typing without clicking in the help window
property error is shown but I can’t do anything
AGS and help crash
- Walk commands are combined???
Having the following code, instead of walking straight left, down, left, the character walks diagonally:
cMouse.Walk(2035, 715, eBlock, eWalkableAreas);
cMouse.Walk(2035, 850, eBlock, eAnywhere);
cMouse.Walk(1923, 850, eBlock, eAnywhere);
- GUI editor: Even for large GUIs there are no scroll bars.
Additionally, player reported problems with the graphic setup. The graphics are quite large (1280x720) and I was using Run-in-window, nearest-neighbour and Max-fit as default setting. I tried it on 3 different PCs and it was working fine on each of them, but players with older PCs and/or smaller monitors had problems. I try to get more info about this and what settings helped to solve the problem.