I want to split this thread to make it easier for forum users to see new alpha releases.
Will try to do this later today.NOTE2:
this package does not have "Linux" binaries at the moment. I will update the package with them included a bit later.
AGS 184.108.40.206 (Alpha) - Builder Patch
Debug symbols (for developers):http://www.mediafire.com/download/jwu9jg3hm0bwlmo/PDB_3_4_0_6.zip
This update is mainly dedicated to fixing most annoying bugs and oversights related to new game compilation, as well as custom resolutions.
Includes all content from 3.3.4
Changes since 220.127.116.11:EditorImprovements
* Better descriptions of Resolution property values for Sprite and Room.Bug Fixes
* Fixed sprite, font and room background size issues occuring if the game native resolution had one parameter higher and another smaller than 320x240 (e.g. 400x200).
* Fixed graphics renderer selection in config was reset to default game's property every time the game was recompiled.
* Fixed game configs were not updated with the new game builder when game native resolution, color depth and title were modified.
* Fixed Debugging game did not use proper configuration with the new game builder.
* Fixed custom icon was not integrated into the compiled game.ScriptingImprovements
* Added support for "switch" statement. Strings and other variable types are allowed to be checked in switch condition.
Standard case statement features like fallthrough and break are also supported.
String x = "a";
Display("X is A");
case "b": // fall-through
Display("X is B");
Display("X is C");
case "d": // fall-through
default: // fall-through
Display("X is D");
* Fixed compiler crash related to using global variables in "for" loop header.
* Fixed incorrect compiler parsing of a static function call inside array index brackets.
int i = array[Game.GetColorFromRGB(0, 0, 0)]; // there was parse error after '['
* Engine ignores "match_device_ratio" config parameter and never tries to match device aspect ratio when initializing display mode, if the latter is defined explicitly ("screen_def=explicit" in the config file).WinSetupImprovements
* Added an option to choose full-screen resolution based on scaling filter.
"Bind to game scaling" means that engine should try
choosing display mode equal to scaled game's size.
"Bind to game scaling (force desktop ratio" means that engine will look into first display mode equal or higher than scaled game's size, that has same aspect ratio as your current desktop resolution.