OROW 9 is now underway. Visit the thread to take part!

Author Topic: AGS 3.4.0.6 (Alpha) - Builder Patch  (Read 17052 times)  Share 

Re: AGS 3.4.0.6 (Alpha) - Builder Patch
« Reply #300 on: 13 Aug 2015, 22:57 »
Thanks Crimson. I guess i will have to wait till next update before going further with idle views.
Proximity Entertainment

« Reply #301 on: 19 Aug 2015, 20:22 »
import void example(int ihaveaproblemwiththisarbituaraylimit=32000);

the limit here is 32000, totally dumb limit, not even a power of 2.

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
  • AGS Project Tracker Admins
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    •  
« Reply #302 on: 19 Aug 2015, 20:34 »
import void example(int ihaveaproblemwiththisarbituaraylimit=32000);

the limit here is 32000, totally dumb limit, not even a power of 2.

E: Okay, I searched for 32000 in the compiler code and found there is a limit of 32000 to the function argument default value. Should be 32-bit signed int max value instead.
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2015, 21:01 by Crimson Wizard »

« Reply #303 on: 26 Aug 2015, 18:33 »
hi guys, we are trying to use wheel to scroll dialogue using customdialoggui(or better the simplified version in nine verbs template cause we had strange behaviour with full version) but the wheel choose answers instead of scroll it.

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    •  
« Reply #304 on: 26 Aug 2015, 18:38 »
hi guys, we are trying to use wheel to scroll dialogue using customdialoggui(or better the simplified version in nine verbs template cause we had strange behaviour with full version) but the wheel choose answers instead of scroll it.
Is this beavior different in 3.4.0 compared to previous versions (3.2, 3.3)?
Also, I am not sure what is "customdialoggui" and what is the difference between simplified and full version of nine verbs template. Maybe it is better to ask in the related module thread?

« Reply #305 on: 26 Aug 2015, 19:04 »
Yes, it works fine with 3.2, 3.3

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    •  
« Reply #306 on: 26 Aug 2015, 19:52 »
I think it might be a bug in 9 verb template. For 3.4 version they have these commands executed even for mouse wheel:
Code: Adventure Game Studio
  1. info.Update();  // <--- this redraws dialog options
  2. info.RunActiveOption(); // <--- this runs selected dialog topic

I would suggest to do this instead:
  1. info.Update();
  2. if (button != eMouseWheelNorth && button != eMouseWheelSouth)
  3.     info.RunActiveOption();
However, I do not know how this template works now, maybe there are other things that needs correction. It is better talk to template creator about this.
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2015, 20:04 by Crimson Wizard »

abstauber

• Cavefish
  • Mittens Knight
  • still mowing the lawn
  • abstauber worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!abstauber worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #307 on: 27 Aug 2015, 08:13 »
In dialogscript.asc go to line 708 and do this change.

old
  1.   info.RunActiveOption();
new
  1.   if (button != eMouseWheelSouth && button != eMouseWheelNorth) info.RunActiveOption();

edit: hehe I just realized that it's exactly what CW suggested - anyway you now have the line number ;)
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2015, 08:17 by abstauber »

« Reply #308 on: 27 Aug 2015, 09:46 »
thanks! Now works fine ;)

« Reply #309 on: 31 Aug 2015, 17:01 »

For the work all of you are doing.

There is a date for the release?

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    •  
« Reply #310 on: 31 Aug 2015, 19:10 »
:).

Regarding release, after Nick Sonneveld set up an automatic build server, and also started to introduce automatic tests, we are discussing to move to a faster release rate (a finalized public release after every big change). With this in mind, there is a number of minor problems to fix, after which we may start a more official "beta test".

I pretty well know that people will worry about other stuff I promised to add (I made too many promises I could not keep in past years :/). But we will start working on these right when we have free time, which may be in parallel with beta test process.

Lastly, I was not mentioning this until now, but I made an agreement with the management in the company I work to switch to half-time schedule roughly in the end of September, which will give me extra time to work on AGS.
« Last Edit: 31 Aug 2015, 19:15 by Crimson Wizard »

« Reply #311 on: 31 Aug 2015, 21:41 »
:).

Regarding release, after Nick Sonneveld set up an automatic build server, and also started to introduce automatic tests, we are discussing to move to a faster release rate (a finalized public release after every big change). With this in mind, there is a number of minor problems to fix, after which we may start a more official "beta test".

I pretty well know that people will worry about other stuff I promised to add (I made too many promises I could not keep in past years :/). But we will start working on these right when we have free time, which may be in parallel with beta test process.

Lastly, I was not mentioning this until now, but I made an agreement with the management in the company I work to switch to half-time schedule roughly in the end of September, which will give me extra time to work on AGS.

That's good news Crimson. Also i'm curious about something. Weren't you in the makers of Journey Down games or i just remember wrong ? I'm asking that because you should already have made money from it :smiley: Why do you still have to work ? :smiley:

By the way, i'm proceeding my game with the latest version (3.4.0.6 now) of alpha. Resolution : 1920*1080, 32-bit (big) alpha sprites. I will continue to give feedback as i proceed, especially about visual issues.
Proximity Entertainment

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    •  
« Reply #312 on: 31 Aug 2015, 22:29 »
That's good news Crimson. Also i'm curious about something. Weren't you in the makers of Journey Down games or i just remember wrong ?
No, not at all, I was beta testing the low-resolution version back when it was made with AGS, that's probably why I am mentioned in the credits.

Snarky

• Local Moderator
  • Mittens Viscount
  • Private Insultant
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
« Reply #313 on: 01 Sep 2015, 08:11 »
That's good news for us, CW! Hope you enjoy the new work-work balance. :P

Proximity, if you think a commercial game release means guaranteed instant retirement, you have another think coming. (laugh)

« Reply #314 on: 01 Sep 2015, 21:23 »
Good news ;-D

I`m very interested in this ide (engine) to develop my(s) game(s). Even over Adventure Creator (Unity) or Visionaire Studio (after the release or the new version of AGS this engines have no reason for being)

(Sorry for my english "es un poco pobre" XD)

« Reply #315 on: Yesterday at 22:24 »
Sorry if i'm some heavy.
Will be a Linux version (.dev)?