Author Topic: AGS 3.4.0.5 (Alpha) - June Patch  (Read 13538 times)  Share 

Crimson Wizard

• AGS Project Tracker Admins
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    •  
Re: AGS 3.4.0.5 (Alpha) - June Patch
« Reply #260 on: 29 Jun 2015, 15:48 »
Well, earlier you said:
It doesn't even compile the OGV video in to the game.exe. It just copies it from compiled and pastes it to Windows/Linux folder.
This made me think you put it into "Compiled" folder instead.

I used this video for a test: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Examplevideo.ogv
I did no extra actions.

Someone had a problem with OGV not playing too recently, but in his case it was Windows Explorer hiding incorrect extension. Please check if it is not your case:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52325.msg636516164#msg636516164

If it is not related, may you send me the video you are using?

EDIT
Edit : I tried it again. This time it worked :smiley: It played the video black & white ???
This is something beyond my knowledge, I am afraid.
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2015, 15:50 by Crimson Wizard »

« Reply #261 on: 29 Jun 2015, 16:20 »
I downloaded and played your video in the game. It played clear and smooth. My video is conversion from .avi and i think it's a bad conversion :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3R2BuE1oqRYTTlYQloyaDk2TWs/view?usp=sharing

After comparing two videos, i realized that encoder of them are different. My video is encoded by Lavc56.41.100 libtheora, and yours is encoded by ffmpeg2theora-0.23.
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2015, 16:34 by proximity »
Proximity Entertainment

« Reply #262 on: 29 Jun 2015, 16:31 »
I seem to be having trouble playing .ogg sound effects in 3.4.0.5 - It plays them no problem in the editor but once running the game, I can't hear them.

If you get a few mins could anyone let me know if you have the same issue? .ogg files play fine for me in the previous minor versions, it's just 3.4.0.5 that seems to have issues.
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel

Crimson Wizard

•  
« Reply #263 on: 29 Jun 2015, 16:42 »
I seem to be having trouble playing .ogg sound effects in 3.4.0.5 - It plays them no problem in the editor but once running the game, I can't hear them.

If you get a few mins could anyone let me know if you have the same issue? .ogg files play fine for me in the previous minor versions, it's just 3.4.0.5 that seems to have issues.

Can you try out your ogg files in AGS 3.3.3? An OGG-related fix was made in there.

« Reply #264 on: 29 Jun 2015, 17:20 »
Hmm, just for sake of argument I booted up a 3.3.3 and a 3.4.0.5 and loaded in the default game template. Adding the .ogg file and playing worked perfectly in both versions which means it must be my specific game. I'm going to have to investigate to see what is different with the game I created using the blank template in 3.4.0.5 as that still won't play .ogg files.
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel

Problem

• Cavefish
    • I can help with animation
    •  
    • I can help with characters
    •  
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    •  
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with scripting
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
« Reply #265 on: Yesterday at 08:47 »
So we're currently beta testing Rogue State, and one of our testers has reported a strange bug that seems to be related to the new "free display resolutions" feature.

The first time he played the game, everything worked. A couple of days later, he got this error message when he tried to run the game:

It's clear that the reported resolution of 1680x1009 makes no sense at all. He tried to change the resolution with winsetup.exe, but this didn't solve the problem. Strangely, he was able to start the game on the next day, without making any further changes to the settings.
So we couldn't reproduce the bug, but we'll try to find out if anything was different when this bug occurred and if it can be reproduced somehow. The beta version he's currently playing was built with 3.4.0.4

Crimson Wizard

•  
« Reply #266 on: Yesterday at 09:09 »
So we're currently beta testing Rogue State, and one of our testers has reported a strange bug that seems to be related to the new "free display resolutions" feature.

The first time he played the game, everything worked. A couple of days later, he got this error message when he tried to run the game:

I suggest to add a log option to your acsetup.cfg:
Code: Text
  1. [misc]
  2. log=1
If similar error ever occur again we may get details from the log.

Problem

• Cavefish
    • I can help with animation
    •  
    • I can help with characters
    •  
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    •  
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with scripting
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
« Reply #267 on: Yesterday at 09:12 »
Alright, we'll be doing this for the next beta and see if we can reproduce it.