Mittens 2016 will take place near Gothenburg, Sweden from 30 July - 06 August. Please visit the thread if you'd like to attend!

Author Topic: AGS 3.4.0.7 - Almost Beta  (Read 1536 times)  Share 

Cassiebsg

• Cavefish
  • Fleeing the Cylon tyrrany...
Re: AGS 3.4.0.7 - Almost Beta
« Reply #40 on: 28 May 2016, 01:08 »
I changed some font colors to white, while I was trying to set up the credits module, but can't remember what settings I changed anymore.

I'm referring to the the pane that displays the font, when you click on the Font branch on the Project tree, it opens a window/tab/pane with the Font settings and displays a box so you can see how they look like. That box is now all white. Normally it's black with the font characters displayed in white.
So I'm guessing that somewhere I set the background color of that pane to white. But beats me how. ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
  • AGS Project Tracker Admins
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    •  
« Reply #41 on: 28 May 2016, 16:33 »
I changed some font colors to white,
But where do you change font colors? You mean setting text color in script? or character speech colors?

Also, does it occur with any project you load in the editor now?

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    •  
« Reply #42 on: 28 May 2016, 16:41 »
However, there's one issue I've noticed, so far, in relation to queued music. In my game's Title Screen (room 300), there's a lead-in music track set to play one time, followed by a queued, looping music track:

Code: Adventure Game Studio
  1. SetGameOption(OPT_CROSSFADEMUSIC, 0);
  2. mMaintheme_jingle.Play(eAudioPriorityVeryHigh, eOnce);
  3. mMaintheme_loop.PlayQueued(eAudioPriorityVeryHigh, eRepeat);

When the game is run, the lead-in track plays, but when it finishes, the queued track doesn't kick in. The first track just stops abruptly and there is silence. This used to work before I upgraded to AGS 3.4.0.7. If I change the crossfade value from 0 (none) to 4 (fast), it does play the queued track.

Regarding this, I tested similar script out, and it worked fine for me... would you mind sending me a project for a test?

Cassiebsg

• Cavefish
  • Fleeing the Cylon tyrrany...
« Reply #43 on: 28 May 2016, 17:17 »
I changed some font colors to white,
But where do you change font colors? You mean setting text color in script? or character speech colors?

Also, does it occur with any project you load in the editor now?

It only affected this project, but I just realized where I changed it, even though I was unaware I had changed anything. Apparently I changed the Palette color 0 to white, while I was just tying to grab a color number to copy/paste into the script.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    •  
« Reply #44 on: 28 May 2016, 17:29 »
It only affected this project, but I just realized where I changed it, even though I was unaware I had changed anything. Apparently I changed the Palette color 0 to white, while I was just tying to grab a color number to copy/paste into the script.
Oh I see... yes, I remember first colors in palette are "system" colors that AGS use to draw certain things in the editor too... which may be very misleading when you think about that.

« Reply #45 on: 28 May 2016, 22:28 »
Okay, just sent you a PM, Crimson.

« Reply #46 on: 30 May 2016, 21:59 »
There's another bug where Ego can clip (or completely walk) through other Solid characters which have a valid BlockingHeight/Width value set.

To trigger it, hold down an arrow key to walk and push against the non-walkable "square" that said character is creating. Sometimes you need to approach the other character from a few different angles, but sooner or later you'll be able to force Ego to walk through it.

Once the perimeter has been breached and you're standing within the other character's non-walkable square, you can easily walk out of it again with the arrow keys or a mouse click, like it doesn't exist.

And while standing within the non-walkable square, if you call player.PlaceOnWalkableArea it doesn't work, because the game behaves like you're already standing on the room's underlying walkable area (which the other character is blocking out by creating its own square non-walkable).

The intended behaviour should be that Ego stops completely when coming up against such a character, without being able to pass through it.

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    •  
« Reply #47 on: 30 May 2016, 23:03 »
There's another bug where Ego can clip (or completely walk) through other Solid characters which have a valid BlockingHeight/Width value set.

I found you have already reported this a while ago: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?issue=553.0

« Reply #48 on: 30 May 2016, 23:21 »
Ah, right. Is it an easy fix? Just wondering because we've started implementing a script-based workaround for the bug, which is difficult to get working properly. So I thought I should check to see if it's easy enough to fix on the engine side before we continue any further with it.