Author Topic: AGS Build Server  (Read 1829 times)  Share 

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
  • AGS Project Tracker Admins
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    •  
AGS Build Server
« on: 19 Aug 2015, 09:49 »
Nick Sonneveld set up an automatic build server for AGS project.

http://teamcity.bigbluecup.org/

Server is integrated with Github, and starts new build every time new changes are made to the active branches.

It also builds pull requests to simplify testing them. Pull requests are built in two ways: a) on their own, b) merged with the latest main branch (to which they are supposed to be applied). This is to make sure that they are still valid after something was changed in main branches.

To download completed build results, click "Artifacts" button to the right of the build, and download the zip file.

Maybe there is something else; I let Nick tell about it. :)
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2015, 10:08 by Crimson Wizard »

Wyz

• anno 1986
    • I can help with making music
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
    • I can help with web design
    •  
Re: AGS Build Server
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2015, 10:38 »
Very nice, very professional. AGS dev can now play with the big boys, good show! :D
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2015, 12:44 »
Hah oh hey that's me.  Mr Crimson Wizard posted most of the relevant details.

A few things on my todo list for the build server:
- setup linux, android, ios, osx, and psp builds and os builds
- setup osx builds
- implement tests then automatically run them as part of a build job <-- in progress
- build the installer (I have something working on jenkins but I think TeamCity is much nicer)
- support user forks of ags repository
- build plugins
- get a domain name for the build server (the ec2 address is temporary) http://teamcity.bigbluecup.org/
- register for TeamCity's open source pricing so I can support more users/build agents
- build games! (would probably require changes to AGS)
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2015, 09:37 by sonneveld »

« Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2015, 00:16 »
What about Android builds? Wouldn't it be nice anyway to offer an apk of stable releases?

« Reply #4 on: 02 Sep 2015, 04:03 »
What about Android builds? Wouldn't it be nice anyway to offer an apk of stable releases?
hah sure, I just forgot to put it down.

Monsieur OUXX

• Cavefish
  • Mittens Vassal
  • Mittens Half Initiate
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    •  
    •  
« Reply #5 on: 07 Sep 2015, 09:11 »
So let this be clear : this is only for the people who are working on the active branches, right? For example, if one of them works on Windows, then once his code works, he can then just push it to the main branch and get his code compiled for every platform without having to worry about all the dependencies for the other OS's. Am I correct?

Crimson Wizard

• Local Moderator
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2013, for spearheading the AGS 3.3.0 project
    •  
« Reply #6 on: 07 Sep 2015, 09:35 »
So let this be clear : this is only for the people who are working on the active branches, right? For example, if one of them works on Windows, then once his code works, he can then just push it to the main branch and get his code compiled for every platform without having to worry about all the dependencies for the other OS's. Am I correct?
Yes, also
1. It builds not only main branches, but all the pull requests; this means that you may make pull request to our repository, even if in sake of test, and you get your version compiled.
2. Can be used by end-users who want to test new features right away, without waiting for final release.

« Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2015, 09:41 »
1. It builds not only main branches, but all the pull requests; this means that you may make pull request to our repository, even if in sake of test, and you get your version compiled.
Also it means that we can find out if your modifications have broken any of the ports without having to manually build them all ourselves and before we merge into master

Monsieur OUXX

• Cavefish
  • Mittens Vassal
  • Mittens Half Initiate
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    •  
    •  
« Reply #8 on: 07 Sep 2015, 10:33 »