AGS Awards votes close at 16:59 BST on Monday 06 March 2017. You haven't yet voted, so you've got 13 days and 10 hours left to play the games and decide which to vote for! A list of all the nominees can be found here.

Author Topic: AGS 3.4.1 - Early BETA  (Read 454 times)  Share 

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with web design
    •  
  • selmiak worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: AGS 3.4.1 - Early BETA
« Reply #20 on: 09 Feb 2017, 14:40 »

Perhaps means to set all default config from the editor would be useful. Right now you can set only default renderer.

this is a great idea. I wonder why noone suggested this a long time ago alredy.
A completely new 'user-setup' panel (or a better name) in the editor would be better than cramming this into general setting, also it doesn't quite fit there logically, but put the new panel link right below general setting in the editor I'd say.

for correct behaviour the dafault values set there have to be written to the winsetup.exe so that when the player deletes the .cfg file (because he is stupid or he wants to reset values) the winsetup returns to this game's default values and not AGS's default values for winsetup.
Finishing this strain of thought, this allows (and cries for) a 'restore default values' button in the winsetup. maybe with a 'do you really want to reset?' promt. maybe not. I like to think most players know what they are doing and don't need this reminder that is just one more click when it could have worked with one click less. And if the game creator did put some though into this (which I hope) and sets the defaults in a good way, defaulting is better than playing around in the settings and making it worse ;)

Dave Gilbert

• Mittens Vassal
  • AGS Baker
  • Hi. My name is FRIGGING ADORABLE.
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    •  
  • Dave Gilbert worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Dave Gilbert worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
Re: AGS 3.4.1 - Early BETA
« Reply #21 on: 09 Feb 2017, 15:25 »
Sure. Sorry to sound dense, but how do we go about doing that? Is that something I do on my end or yours?

Ideally, I could test your game on my PC with debugger and/or profiler (the tool that calculates process speeds).

Other than that, I could make a special version that writes times of operations to the log file, and let you run it.

If it's not too much trouble, the latter solution would be the better idea, just in case the problem has to do with a setting on my computer.