Location Services :: a digi-noir puzzle game :: new screenshots [16 June]

Started by Lewis, Fri 31/05/2013 14:17:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis

Location Services is an indie game of anagrams and grid references, set in a digitised world.

In it, you play as Anthony Lira, a collector of information who tracks down individuals for money.

It's a side-scrolling puzzle game featuring tense security evasion and curious world-building. Plus, anagrams and grid reference mini-games against the clock. Naturally.

At some point in the future, it'll be released for Windows PC.

We are Owl Cave, the people who made Richard & Alice.
We've been working on Location Services for the past few months.
It's early days, but things are coming along swimmingly.

It seems we're fond of making adventure games that aren't really adventure games.
This one is more of a side-scrolling puzzle game where you complete mini-games against the clock to evade security and hack computers.
Plus there'll be an EXCITING and INTRIGUING story to delve into.

(It's somewhat less morose than Richard & Alice.)

locationservicesgame.com

Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

Ilyich

Looks quite delightful and intriguing! It's always interesting to see non-adventure games that try to have a good story and deep world-building(as I'm hoping this one does) - it feels like there's a lot of unexplored potential there. And it seems to have a nice pinch of noir, which is always a good thing in my book. :) If the writing will be as good as in Richard & Alice, this has a good chance of being something special. And the current artwork is really charming. :)

Looking forward to the game and to seeing some anagram action! (what?) ;D

Lewis

Thanks Ilyich! Sorry, though I'd replied to your post already.

Just a quick update - I've replaced those two early WIP screenshots with a handful of shots that are a bit more complete now. Any thoughts would be awesome. :-)
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

Armageddon

Always nice to see another game from you, this one looks especially interesting. :D

MrNashington

Looks awesome, If you ever need any extra help I would be happy to lend a hand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk