If you haven't already don't forget you can:GET THE DEMO!Please rate / comment on the demo page (even if you didn't enjoy it, at least let us know why!).
The galaxy needed a hero... what they got was a (generally) well-meaning nitwit and his occasionally helpful computer...
Captain Disaster is based on a character who I wrote a series of comedy science fiction short stories about years ago, although it soon became apparent that only the most tenuous links to events in the stories would make it into the game itself. Our intrepid captain has taken a job to collect and deliver a package, which he must not open at any time before deliver, but this is no ordinary delivery - in fact, the fate of the free galaxy is at stake. Can the galaxy be saved through cunning, instinct, hard work and (mainly) dumb luck?Plot synopsis:
Captain Disaster takes a job delivering a package from Acturus-1 to Proboscis Major - having no idea what's inside it, and a condition of the job is not to ever look inside the package. After dealing with the intensely draconian customs officials on Acturus-1 and several odd aliens, the intrepid captain had to defeat space pirates and convince a planet-eating monster to un-eat a planet before making the delivery - which is when he finds out that, if not stopped, his current employers are about to wreak havoc across the galaxy using the contents of the package he has just delivered along with a lot of sneaky planning... Using all of his wits (such as they are) and his ship's computer (who is helpful... every so often), CD must save the galaxy from a threat no-one knew existed... Death Has A Million Stomping Boots
- 320x200 resolution graphics
- High quality music
- Devious puzzles (well, probably) - but lots of hints to help players too
- Allusions to a plethora of science fiction books and movies, along with plenty of computer game references
- Totally pointless and worthless achievements to be found
- A comedy sci-fi adventure game with a complete absence of Roger Wilco!
- Robo Music! (You have to hear it to believe it, even if you wish you hadn't)
- Classic point and click action aplenty
- Space Pirates!
- Planet-Eating Monsters!
- Too Many Exclamation Marks!!!!Death Has A Million Stomping Boots
t is planned to be a commercial release. A playable demo will be available soon. In the meantime here are some screenshots from an early pre-alpha build (may differ from final graphics):
I've done a sampler reel with some of the voice acting and music from the game so far, which can be found here
Some concept art (may change before being put into the actual game):The team behind the game:
- CaptainD - Story, game design, voice acting, some graphics, music and sound effects, PR
- Taxler Endiosk - Coding, game design, sound effects
- LTGiants2000 - Voice acting, game design, playtesting,PR
- King Seamus - Music
- Josh Merrick - Music
- WHAM - Help with the main character sprite
- Star Wars text Scroller by SSH
Current progress: Playable demo is 80% done - estimated release date end of June 2012
We're hoping to release the game before the end of 2012, but obviously we'll have to see how things go.
First teaser trailer:http://www.youtube.com/v/gmHTizrubjU?rel=0
First gameplay trailer:http://www.youtube.com/v/DKdxUVlkQ9o?rel=0
You can also check out the dev blog at http://www.captaindisasterthecomputergame.com/
Other media links:Google+FacebookTwitterYouTube