Voice Acting Competition- Mad Scientist - Voting Begins June 9th

Started by LTGiants2000, Mon 28/05/2012 23:22:26

Previous topic - Next topic

LTGiants2000

This competition's theme this time is "Mad Scientist". Make up your own dialogue and say a line or two if what your interpretation of a mad scientist would say. No real restrictions so use your imagination!

Examples of lines:

"Bwahahaha, I've done it! I finally completed my shrink ray! Now I can reenact scenes from "Honey I Shrunk The Kids", my life long dream is fulfilled!"

Trophies provided by KConan (thanks!)
1st Place - Gold Mic

2nd Place - Silver Mic

3rd Place - Old wooden bullhorn

Please, when voting, don't judge on microphone quality.

kconan

Just a slight tweak on a trophy used for a writing contest and...we have a mad scientist holding a golden mic.

WHAM

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Misj'

Quote from: LTGiants2000 on Mon 28/05/2012 23:22:26This competition's theme this time is "Mad Scientist". Make up your own dialogue and say a line or two if what your interpretation of a mad scientist would say. No real restrictions so use your imagination!
So basically you just want me to read aloud one of my articles? - That is going to be pretty boring. On the other hand, when you add some  Mwhahahaha's to the material and methods you do get an entirely different feel to the work (especially if you write it in future-tense and turn it into the Swedish Chef from the Muppet show):

Quote from: Misj' reads from his own workMvheheheha mr. Bond, freeze-a-soobsteetooshun veell be-a perffurmed in ecetune-a cunteeening tvu percent ooff Oosmeeoom tetruxeede-a, zeru-pueent-tvu percent Urunyl-ecetete-a in ecetune-a und oone-a percent Deehidrugee-munuxeede-a. Mvheheheha, zee semples veell zeen be-a kept et meenoos neenety degrees Celseeoos fur fuoorty-ieeght huoors - Hmmmm - bruooght tu meenoos seexty degrees Celseeoos in steps ooff tvu degrees Cecleeoos per huoor - Mhmmmmhmmm - und soobseqooently held et meenoos seexty degrees fur ieeght huoors. Mhveheheha. Yes! - Hmmmm.

CaptainD

Yah, mad scientists!  Everyone loves mad scientists!  (Well apart from their poor tortured victims obviously).

Definitely count me in on this one.   (laugh)

LTGiants2000

Quote from: kconan on Tue 29/05/2012 04:47:55

Just a slight tweak on a trophy used for a writing contest and...we have a mad scientist holding a golden mic.

KConan, YESS!! Thanks so much for the Trophy! Good man, good man. Any chance on getting a silver and bronze version of these trophies :)

LTGiants2000

Oopsie, sorry didn't mean to double post! Feel free to delete this moderator :-[

CaptainD

kconan

Quote from: LTGiants2000 on Tue 29/05/2012 16:26:29
Any chance on getting a silver and bronze version of these trophies :)

I just noticed he's missing the frazzled grey hair.  Ah well he's cliché scientist enough otherwise :)

1st Place - Gold Mic

2nd Place - Silver Mic

3rd Place - Old wooden bullhorn

LTGiants2000

Quote from: kconan on Wed 30/05/2012 03:34:57
Quote from: LTGiants2000 on Tue 29/05/2012 16:26:29
Any chance on getting a silver and bronze version of these trophies :)

I just noticed he's missing the frazzled grey hair.  Ah well he's cliché scientist enough otherwise :)

Tee-hee I love these!! Too bad no one made trophies for the last one that I won (looks at Sane Co. with an evil eye)!! ;)

LTGiants2000

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 29/05/2012 20:02:30
Here's my entry.

(Sorry, couldn't get rid of all the pops and crackles.)

LOL Looks like you might win by default anyway CaptainD, no one else entering! Maybe I will extend it...?

Eric

Still got three more days, right? I'll have something in by then.

LTGiants2000

Quote from: Eric on Thu 31/05/2012 18:39:31
Still got three more days, right? I'll have something in by then.

Good to hear, yes there is still more time...I'd like to see more entries before the voting starts but we can always extend if needed. Looking forward to yours Eric.

CaptainD

Quote from: LTGiants2000 on Thu 31/05/2012 18:38:57
Looks like you might win by default anyway CaptainD, no one else entering! Maybe I will extend it...?

No-one likes to win by default, feel free to extend as long as you like!  :P

LTGiants2000

Ok, decided to extend the entry period until the 8th. After that, the voting begins. Anyone else??

Purange

haha :)
this looked like great fun so I had to give it a go & you need someone else to laugh at, I hope I've managed to link to the file ok
Mad Scientist 

EchosofNezhyt

Edit: One of them worked the other says I need permission heres mine hope you enjoy sorry about my mic quality its a Walmart cheapo.

Link to Mine

I can't get any of your files to work, One says I need your permission and other infinitely loops.
Is that just me? If not maybe soundcloud or something would work nice.

LTGiants2000

Quote from: Purange on Tue 05/06/2012 04:23:42
haha :)
this looked like great fun so I had to give it a go & you need someone else to laugh at, I hope I've managed to link to the file ok
Mad Scientist 

Sorry, the link doesn't seem to allow us access.

Quote from: Frito Master on Tue 05/06/2012 14:00:37
Edit: One of them worked the other says I need permission heres mine hope you enjoy sorry about my mic quality its a Walmart cheapo.

Link to Mine

I can't get any of your files to work, One says I need your permission and other infinitely loops.
Is that just me? If not maybe soundcloud or something would work nice.

LOL Nice one Frito!

EchosofNezhyt

Thanks, It was actually pretty fun recording your own voice.
I do em in private or joking with friends but haven't ever recorded myself.

Purange

Quote from: LTGiants2000 on Tue 05/06/2012 21:55:04

Sorry, the link doesn't seem to allow us access.

Oh gosh sorry I didn't see it had permissions to edit, I've changed them now so hopefully 'fingers crossed' I have it figured out now

Mad

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk