Secret of Monkey Island

Started by Jimi, Sat 08/03/2003 11:58:09

Previous topic - Next topic

jannar85

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Czar

...so yes i can say, DID ron gilbert try to make it a dream, alll that ends as him being a boy...etc. etc.
i remember when this stuf started but lost track of teh forums...and the found it again and those MI forums are sure something...
Wish i discovered that before AGs...
*sigh* :'(
j/k

or not?
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Scummbuddy

Its plausible, but by the end of making MI2 he had aspirations for a third one, so in my mind, it wasnt the real ending or secret.  
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Trapezoid

Yeah, I remember reading that the MI2 ending was supposed to serve as the "secret" in case a MI3 was never made. He wasn't around for CMI, but CMI treated MI2's ending as a curse, which is probably what Ron would've done in his MI3.

Czar

he he i've seen some un official mi3 pictures (as i think some of you have also)
they go something like this:

Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Trapezoid

Wow! Looks like some sort of CMI outtake. Where'd you find this/

AGA

Look at the image's properties - http://www.billtiller.com - so they definitely are genuine...

Trapezoid

Ah, cool, cool.

http://www.billtiller.com/images/lucasarts/mi_36.jpg
I don't recognize this one either... Might be from a cutscene...

Gilbert

* Gilbot V7000a tried to avoid this thread, as he was already frightened by the old MI thread, but...

This thread doesn't belong here, move it to Gen. Gen. (or lock it) please!1!

Czar

I'll make it belonge here...
errr....so yeah i think MI could be made by AGS, maybe even better... compared tu SCUMM revisited...err did i say enough? I did mention AGS... :)
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Adamski

How could the engine inprove what is already a pefect game... :P

babybuu_bad

Quote from: Jimi on Sat 08/03/2003 11:58:09
I've just downloaded Secret of Monkey Island, and I can't open it. Any ideas why?
???

Have you downloaded everything for it yet.

If you want download it from worldofmi.com then it might work there or let me do it fo you.

evenwolf

Hmm, well that first pic is definitely looking down on Danjer Cove, or whatever- at its right across the bay from this: http://www.billtiller.com/images/lucasarts/mi_31.jpg

and that barber pole suggests to me that maybe there was an extra cutscene or puzzle involving the barbers?  At their home or whatnot? Hehe, someone friggin ask Bill.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Jimi

Barcik

Speaking of the Secret of Monkey Island, here's the SCUMM Bar latest's poll:
The results of the last poll which read Guybrush was originally meant to be a kid - good ending or not?:

No way dude. Thank god for the CMI creators moving away from that: 52%

Very cool in a David Lynch kinda way: 34%

Both explanations suck! Monkey robot forever: 15%

Teh horror, teh horror!
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Jimi

It just wouldn't be the same if Guybrush was a Monkey Robot!

Scummbuddy

Play EMI and then you will understand.  We're not saying that Guybrush is a monkey robot.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Adamski

The image you're refering to Even was a conceptual picture back when the game was being planned and Bill was sketching up the artistic style for the game. The Barber Shop was originally on Blood Island, hence the nightly-ness of the picture. Apparently, he'd hit the nail on the head with the style and colouring of this picture, and kept it for future reference, or something...

Jimi

Scummbuddy- I am making my way throughh all of the MI games. Yesterday I completed MI1, and today I've got half way through MI2.  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk