Patchwork

Started by Khris, Mon 13/08/2012 16:49:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

Got relatively far in this little gem, but now I'm stuck:

Spoiler
I have everything except harmony, what do I do with the crystals?
[close]

Ilyich

Heh, musical puzzles are the worst. ;D
Here's a succession of hints:

Spoiler
You have to make them sound harmonious. Which means only activating the ones that sound good together. Order in which you activate them is not important here.
[close]

Spoiler
You have to activate 3 out of 5 crystals. You'll be told when you've struck on the right combination. :)
[close]

Spoiler
Oh, alright, it's the 1st, 3rd and 5th crystals from left to right. :)
[close]

Spoiler
-They "sound right". Now what? -You have to find a way to transport that sound to the room somehow.
[close]

Khris

Thanks, I tried a few but not really thoroughly.

Spoiler
Now Lin won't use the rainstick on the circle because I'm still supposed to do something else first. I have the wire, duct tape and tool box. I can't do anything to the stop sign, and I can't help Bloc with his problem. Also, the glasses disappeared from the inventory after I used them on Bloc.
[close]

Ilyich

Spoiler
Since Daniel clearly needs his glasses himself, maybe you can find something to make a new pair of glasses for Blok?
Are there any lens-like objects or something that has actual lenses around?
[close]

Spoiler
Maybe somewhere in the wizard's study?
[close]

Eric

Also, if you've found a way to capture the harmony

Spoiler
I believe you need to play the music from the cellphone before she'll use the rainstick.
[close]

Khris

Can't believe I've missed that.
Thanks!

Fitz

Hm... I figured there'd have to be a toolbox - but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Not in the lab, at least.

Also, do I need to give the cellphone to Lin after I've made the recording or just use it when the time is right?

Ilyich

Fitz,
Spoiler
You just use the cellphone when the time is right, yeah.

As for the toolbox - have you thoroughly explored the cave? Maybe you need to illuminate the dark part.
[close]

Spoiler
It's in the car. You just need to have a look inside. :)
[close]

Fitz

Oh, I haven't illuminated it yet.

Spoiler
I'm guessing you do that with the fire element? I know I'm supposed to feed the fire spirit to get - and Daniel has a fruit, but Lin won't take it and she didn't ask for help with that. I'm guessing it has to be something else, then - but what?
[close]

Ilyich

Fitz,
Spoiler
What can fire spirit eat?
[close]

Spoiler
If you guessed right - where can such object be found? Look around there.
[close]

Spoiler
It's probably the most pixel-hunty bit in the game - there's a bunch of twigs under the Dryad tree.
[close]

Fitz

Duh! *facepalm* Very obvious - but not easy, because
Spoiler
it seems that not all of them react to clicks. I clicked one, and nothing happened -- even though Lin picked it up later.
[close]

Finished the game, by the way. I'll post a review later :)

eatmold

I can't quite seem to figure this out..

Spoiler
I put the fire and water and pixie dust on the incantation thingy and the guy played the song off his cellphone, but for some reason I can't get the lady to play anything. AH.
[close]

Ilyich

Spoiler
Have you made a proper rainstick? If yes, does she say anything about letting the guy make his preparations when you try to use it? If so, you still have to either make a lightning rod or fix the computer. Or both. :)
[close]

MiSaNtHrOpE

Spoiler
I recorded Harmony, I have the Fire Spirit, the Rainstick with Nails (she also says she needs something in the Rainstick), and the Water Element. I have also the Toolbox, the Container, Dandelion Stem, Acid Fruit, and Duct Tape. How do I get Pixie Dust and Air/Wind Element?
[close]

CaptainD

I can't remember the air element right now, but for the pixie dust...

Spoiler
Does the pixie move location when one of your characters goes near her?  Notice that when you're gone she goes comes back down to where she was before... maybe you could do something to that area in order to keep some of the pixie dust...
[close]

MiSaNtHrOpE

Quote from: CaptainD on Fri 31/08/2012 23:46:53
I can't remember the air element right now, but for the pixie dust...

Spoiler
Does the pixie move location when one of your characters goes near her?  Notice that when you're gone she goes comes back down to where she was before... maybe you could do something to that area in order to keep some of the pixie dust...
[close]

Spoiler
The Pixie does not move from the tree. Both characters pissed it off.
[close]

Ilyich

Quote from: MiSaNtHrOpE on Sat 01/09/2012 04:24:57
Spoiler
The Pixie does not move from the tree. Both characters pissed it off.
[close]

Spoiler
The pixie still should fly down on the rock below when both of the characters are far enough. If it doesn't - it might be a bug, although it still shouldn't be a problem. You just need to place some sort of trap on that rock. A sticky trap.

Oh, and pixie dust is the air element.

Regarding the rainstick - you need to find some pebbles. They're just lying around somewhere. :)
[close]

hillaryj

Reviving this thread lol.

Spoiler
I don't know how to make the lightning rod! Got all the needed things for the spell, but I can't start it. Daniel's got the toolbox, his phone, and duct tape. The crocman has his glasses already. How do I go about this?
[close]

Ilyich

hillaryj,
Spoiler
Hm, I'm actually not quite sure what the problem is - if the crocman has the glasses it should mean that the lightning rod is already installed(and it should be visible as an extension on the top of the stop sign near the lab/hut). Have you also powered the generator and checked the computer for errors?
[close]

rose_G

I'm stuck.how to power the generator? what to do with acid fruit and stem?

Ilyich

rose_G,
Spoiler
To power the generator you'll have to find some fuel. It's pretty easy to guess where you can find it if you've seen the right location in it's fully lit form. Acid fruit and the stem are a part of the same puzzle.
[close]

And here's a direct walkthrough for this bit:
Spoiler
There's a car in the cave to the north of the bridge(the cave should be lit with a fire spirit for you to see it). If you open the hood you'll find a gas tank there, but it's rusted shut. Use fruit to remove the rust, find a canister inside the car and fill it with fuel by using the stem as a hose.
[close]

rose_G

Thank you Ilyich  ;-D

A cute little game. Beautiful!

Global Lint

Strangely enough, I can't combine items in the inventory. I left-click an inventory item and that makes it my cursor, but left-clicking another item in the inventory just updates the cursor again. I've tried right-clicking, but that just either examines the item or sets my cursor back to the standard arrow. Also, I can't figure out how to share inventory items between Daniel and Lin.

Running Windows 7, game in full screen, standard track pad.

Really beautiful game, I can't wait to play the rest of it.
Spaz ate the dopefish.

Ilyich

That's correct behaviour, I think (I really should remember my own game better :D). It's just the way it's made - there are no "wrong" interactions in this game, so when you're trying to use an object on something you're not supposed to be using it on - nothing happens (and if it's the right interaction the object-cursor would become highlighted, so you can always tell what you can and can't do). So, you are only able to combine the items that are meant to be combined and share them between the characters only if they are meant to be shared (and I think there is only 1 sharable object in the game, and even that one is optional). Sorry if it's a bit confusing, it was done this way to cut down on the "Can't do that" responses and to streamline the gameplay. :)

piperhcombs

Resurrected to ask a question:
Spoiler
How do you solve that Error 743 computer puzzle? Which connection(s) are we trying to make?
[close]

EDIT: Nevermind! I got it!
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

SharpLight

Quote from: piperhcombs on Fri 03/05/2013 02:21:20
EDIT: Nevermind! I got it!

Can I have some hints for
Spoiler
Error 743
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk