I'm a selfish jerk and stuff.

Started by monkey0506, Sun 19/08/2012 09:10:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Calin Leafshade

monkey0506

Coming from you, I can hardly say I'm surprised.

Calin Leafshade

Crimson Wizard

happens...
what about the utility classes  :-X

Stupot

Let's start a Selfish Jerk Society.  Only if I get to be the leader, though.

monkey0506

well way to derail a thread guys. so much for trying to be serious about this.

Igor Hardy

QuoteI'm a selfish jerk and stuff.

Who cares? Be that way.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Mon 20/08/2012 13:11:45
well way to derail a thread guys. so much for trying to be serious about this.
Well, I don't take life seriously anymore. I am having this ongoing depression for about couple of years now, and can't get rid of this feeling of absurd when I watch how people live (including myself).

If you hurt someone (just a guess based on "selfish jerk" stuff), then apologize and try to improve the situation. That's the only thing I can say.

monkey0506

IGNORE THIS POST.

Does anyone have any idea on how to check if an object ALLOCATED by placement new has been CONSTRUCTED yet? I'd find it rather annoying to have to keep track of that myself. :/

Snarky

That sounds like a question for the tech forums. Time to locky locky?

monkey0506

I haven't been double-posting or otherwise disrupting the general flow of the forums. I believe that this being the Rumpus Room of all places that no rules have been broken.

Locking this thread would seriously hurt my feelings, but might make this whole transition easier anyway if you're really going to do that. I should hope that you meant the engine development forum, not the technical help forum seeing as AGS doesn't use C++ yet, and hopefully never will as the impact to the majority of users would be detrimental, but what the hell should I know?

Ryan Timothy B

What's going on, Monkey? Come, have a seat, talk to me.

Snarky

It was more of an offer than a threat, since you didn't seem to have anything more you were prepared to get off your chest, or to welcome the responses you got. If you want it to stay open, I'll leave it open.

Ghost

Get a load off, monkey- what's up? Come on, talk to us. (Everything would be selfish and jerky.)

Armageddon

monkey0506

I'm standing at a crossroads. There's a lot of random memes flying around. Some of them are insulting me. Some of them are leading me down dark and myserious (sic) paths of death. Some of them are holding me back from moving forward, and others...they're just there to laugh.

Some of them are hilarious. Some of them are naked.

Some of them don't exist.

I may or may not make the decision that I may or may not be making. Either way, it's been a good ride.

Don't call the police. It's not that.

I made this thread in the Rumpus Room because I knew that I wouldn't want to take this seriously at all, but it's entirely more serious than I'm not making it out to be...and entirely less serious than I won't make it out to be. I ask that you bear with arms against me through this awkward time in your lives.

Calin Leafshade

monkey0506

YES! I HAVE FINALLY CONVERTED CALIN "STEVE" LEAFSHADE TO CHRISTIANITY. MY LIFE IS COMPLETE! ;D

I know I haven't been properly utilizing or making any sense of this thread. What I want to say... I'll admit... I'm scared to say. I don't know if I want to just get it over with and dump it all here, or just get over myself and let this pitiful thread die.

I just explained, in pretty great detail, part of the situation, to someone in a PM. The part that's relevant to this thread.

The parts that aren't strictly as relevant involve the fact that the contractual assignment I was working under has ended and I have not been able to find work since. Funny how that can lead to a bit of soul-searching-inducing depression. To those that I let down, if you should read this, I really, really do apologize. As an act of sincerity, I didn't even spell it ("apologize") "appopgllaze" which according to my autobiographical memoirs, I am self-obligated to do.

I don't feel great. I feel angry. And bitter. And...mellawncawly (I absolutely insist that this be read in the voice of Will Ferrell as Megamind). I'll figure this out. I promise I will. I just..I don't know yet. I don't know yet what it is that I really want to do. With this. So...for whatever it's worth...this thread is helping me in some remote way...and...when I figure it out...I'll do my best to explain. I didn't want to get in anyone's way with this...I know that for now it's just a lot of nonsense. There may be a method to my madness. Only time can tell now I suppose.

Andail

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Well, whatever the problem is I hope you can work it out.

Crimson Wizard

I am not sure I understood everything what was said here, but the situation about long unemployment sounds a bit familiar.
I had similar thing some time ago; I couldn't find a job for a long while (later I realized I did certain mistakes, but that's irrelevant), and when I finally did and thought the "unlucky" period is over, it turned out to be the worst job I ever had and that nearly drove me mad :/.
The anger mixed with self-overcriticism resulted in a long depression that lasts till now (I think it starts to weaken...), even though I changed to much better job already.
The details are personal and particular, I guess. For me the only thing that could improve my mood was making something for others and, especially, with others, the feeling that I and what I do is actually useful to people.

Don't know what happens with you, monkey, and how much it is same, thought I'd mention this... just in case.

Ghost

Sounds like you really have something on your mind. Unemployment is never nice, and having memes bite you must be pretty bad too. Hope you'll get over it, man.

WHAM

This thread is one of two things:

- A pointless begging for attention thread, in which case I find it unusually silly and confusing.

- A confused and difficult-to-comprehend, yet genuine cry for help, in which case I have little of value to offer, unfortunately.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

monkey0506

WHAM, you're leaving out, roughly, infinity billion other possibilities as for what this thread could be for.

The first post could be more telling than it lets on, but for now I will neither confirm or deny any such accusations.

Eric

Is this a mystery now? If so, I wondered at first if it had something to do with testing links on the wiki.

Baron

Quote from: Eric on Wed 22/08/2012 00:41:39
Is this a mystery now?

Ooo, I love mysteries!  It was the femme-fatale that did it, wasn't it?  Wasn't it?  And if it wasn't her, it should have been.... 

Ponch

It was Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the Lead Pipe!  (nod)

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Ponch on Wed 22/08/2012 03:12:10
It was Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the Lead Pipe!  (nod)

Now you've spoiled it for me.

Ponch

You're just jealous because you thought it was Professor Plum with the revolver.  :=

Al_Ninio

Quote from: deadmonkey_05_06 on Sun 19/08/2012 09:10:10
I'm an attention seeking drama queen.
Fixed, now the title would shed more light on the thread's content.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk