[RELEASED] The Burger Flipper - UPDATE October 20th 2012

Started by elruffo, Wed 12/09/2012 09:31:46

Previous topic - Next topic

elruffo

Ladies and Gentlemen of the AGS Community, I am happy to present you,

UPDATE October 20th 2012

Very good news everyone! The Burger Flipper is out! And right on time as promised  :=
You can find everything about it here, but for the lazy ones here is a direct link to the AGS game database :)
I hope you will enjoy the game and please if you still have some time after playing the game, leave a comment :p

I want to thank another time everybody for your help. This game wouldn't be the same without your energy and support!
Developing this game has been a great experience. See you soon on another exciting project!

UPDATE October 12th 2012

Good news everyone! The Burger Flipper reached its last development stage: "the game is 99.9% complete" phase. The whole script has been proofread by my dear friend ElCharro; the game design is complete (99.9% complete), and the last very well know scripting issues are being taken care of at this very moment: hopefully I will be able to deliver a bug-proof game. Speaking of which...
I am glad to announce that the English Version 1.0 of the game is going to be ready (It must be!) for October 20th 2012. Update your calendar  ;-D

PROGRESS REPORT (Updated Sept. 25th 2012)
- Graphic 99.9%
- puzzles 99.9%
- scripting 99.9%
- sounds 99.9% [:) they are 5, and beautiful]
- soundtrack 99.9%

UPDATE September 25th 2012

Hello everybody, I am sorry I didn't get the chance to update my progress lately but I have good news! I did some progress indeed and I am finally able to show you my GUIs! I tried to make the Help screen in particular as minimal and simple as possible. I hope it is understandable as well :p

The screenplay is at this right moment in the hands of an heroic mysterious figure, that for the moment shall be named John Doe. John assures me that pretty soon we all will be able to enjoy grammatically correct dialogs and menus. I'll keep you all posted!

SYNOPSIS [Spoiler alert]:
Tom is a regular guy, trapped in an awful job. A job that he loves. He is a burger flipper! His boss hates him and there is this girl he is in love with. And something very weird is going to happen. That's pretty much it. Everything a story needs: a very short story by the way.

WHAT? WHY? HOW? [Useless info alert]:
The idea for The Burger Flipper was born on February 2012. I was completely new to AGS and wanted to dedicate myself to a simple project, just a little bit more than a "Hello world" program, that would let me understand how Adventure Game Studio works. The idea was to work on a small project, get my hands dirty, and move on as fast as possible to a new more ambitious project. I set my limitations and started. Well... I thought the limits I set for myself where strict... Reality would teach me pretty soon how much I was wrong! Thinking about a plot took only a few minutes: I like burgers, it’s going to be about burgers. The coding and learning part took the least of the time, especially thanks to densming’s video tutorials (his “How to use AGS” tutorials are a very helpful resource indeed!). Animations (I was completely new to the fine art of animating) took the big part of the time, considering I knew nothing about color theories. A few personal issues added to the mix (like University, family, health, creditors...), but finally I can show you the first screenshots of “The Burger Flipper!”

The game is almost complete. The devil is in details though, and there are still a lot of little things that need to be taken care of: graphics, inconsistencies in GUIs, dialogs need some good proofreading (like this post itself). If there is going to be the time, the game will be translated even in Italian (yes, I am Italian: I am not proud of it but it's an excuse that comes in handy when I have to justify my English). I was thinking even about a Russian translation (please don't ask why, it's top secret). The game is still completely “music free”: if any of you want to collaborate with a soundtrack of their own creation in exchange for glory and a name of their choice in the final credits, please PM me or contact me at tomtheburgerflipper@gmail.com

PLANNED FEATURES:
320 x 200 Pixel Graphics
A real complete story, happy ending included
No voice acting, just the most recent text string technology
Useless dialogs
Idiotic animations
Simple pixel hunting enigmas
Lame jokes

RELEASE:
English version: Mid October 2012
Italian and Russian version: in a future, far far away [but not that much! Promise...]

KodiakBehr

I have to say, this looks very good for somebody's first game in AGS.  A short game about burgers sounds perfectly digestable right now.  I'll be sure to play it when you are done!

kconan

elruffo

Hey guys, thanks. I hope that the game is going to be digestable, because I am sure burgers will not :) Wait to see those dudes while they are eating :P
I plan to release soon gifs of the animations, and a few GUIs snapshots.

Kweepa

I like the look of this.
Reminds me a lot of a certain fellow's game :=
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

elruffo

Quote from: Kweepa on Thu 13/09/2012 00:07:40
I like the look of this.
Reminds me a lot of a certain fellow's game :=

Thank you Kweepa!
Yeah, I am trying to make it "old school 8-)" as much as possible!

elruffo

UPDATE October 12th 2012

Good news everyone! The Burger Flipper reached its last development stage: "the game is 99.9% complete" phase. The whole script has been proofread by my dear friend ElCharro; the game design is complete (99.9% complete), and the last very well know scripting issues are being taken care of at this very moment: hopefully I will be able to deliver a bug-proof game. Speaking of which...
I am glad to announce that the English Version 1.0 of the game is going to be ready (It must be!) for October 20th 2012. Update your calendar  ;-D

PROGRESS REPORT (Updated Sept. 25th 2012)
- Graphic 99.9%
- puzzles 99.9%
- scripting 99.9%
- sounds 99.9% [:) they are 5, and beautiful]
- soundtrack 99.9%

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk