Breakage - Update 27 sept - New 8 room demo

Started by Etumretniw, Tue 18/09/2012 23:38:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Etumretniw

Trying out a Deponia-like user interface. That is the pointer changing to one or two options when over something of interest. Left click chooses left option, right click chooses right. Mouse wheel rolled down and up for inventory.

Breakage: Something weird has happened. You wake up in a dungeon, and the world seems a mishmash of fantasy, sci-fi and reality. You must find out what has happened and what is going to happen, and stop it.
1024 resolution.
Hand drawn animations.
UPDATE, New screenshots and a new 8-room demo (at the bottom of this post).

- graphics 15%
- puzzles 15%
- scripting 20%
- music/sound 0%

For anyone interested a 8 room demo of the game available here (13 MB rar-file).

Please comment on improvement possibilities.

SeamanNaranja

The visual style looks great! I love the Larryesque walkcycle :) Going to try the demo room later tonight!
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

Fitz

Sounds fun -- and looks very nice, too! I really like the watercolor feel to it. Is it going to be 320x240, as the screenshots would suggest? Because that walking animation is BEGGING for hi-res!

Etumretniw

It's 1024x768, I just downsized the screenshots as they are illustrative, and don't need to be humongous.

Darth Mandarb

At their current size they are not representative of how they appear "in game"...

I would suggest making them clickable to the full-size images (since at full size they would be too big for some resolutions).

Etumretniw

Done.
Right clicking and "Show image" will give the full res.

SeamanNaranja

Tried the demo just now and I love the visual style! Diagonal walk cycle = respect :smiley:
Developer of Hjarta, Providence and Skumring.

Etumretniw

Not too happy about the diagonal cycle up right/left yet.
The plan is to tweak a bit and put an eight-room test out this week, and see if I get any feedback on what works and not.

Etumretniw

Posted an update and bumping it.
Will await and see if there are comments before I continue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk