Adventure Crossword

Started by Stupot, Wed 02/01/2013 20:00:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

I've spent the afternoon making an Adventure/AGS themed crossword.  It's pretty easy, but I'm pleased with the outcome and hope some of you will have a go at it and let me know what you think. Enjoy :D

Here's the link:

[EDIT] Here's an INTERACTVE version courtesy of Khris.  Thanks man.

Ponch

Interesting... I'll print it out and give it a try once I get home to my easy chair and have a little free time to don my smoking jacket and slippers. My brain needs a good workout after the general slothfulness of the holidays.  :)

selmiak

nice one! But some more interactivity, like in a editable excel file would be nice. I think I got most of them, beside the mammoth things and some.

Ghost

Good one! But I think I am stuck.

Spoiler
I tried to use the pencil on the little squares but my pencils are in a drawer and I mislaid the key. I had a spare one but that was balanced on a piece of soap close to the sink (don't ask). When I wanted to take it it slipped into a deep crack in the floor and my fingers are both too think and too short to get it out. I am also locked in my room and have lost that key too and my phone is broken, but I think someone put a key into the lock- on the other side of the door. Could've been a ninja. Any hints?
Oh yeah, I have a crowbar, some gum, and no tea.
[close]

Khris

Can't sleep so I made an "interactive" version:
http://khris.agser.me/crossword/

Just hover over a cell and type the letter, space to clear.

Edit: oh, and if you're on IE, tough luck probably (IE 9 seems to work).

Stupot

Shit son. Much better, cheers Khris :-)

Anian

I gave up after not being able to figure out:
Spoiler
Control system of most Adventures  _O_N_ ...wth?!
[close]
And that was not the only one I really couldn't wrap my head around.

On a related note, how did you do the interactive version Khris, with google code playground?
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Stupot

Quote from: Anian on Thu 03/01/2013 16:00:48
I gave up after not being able to figure out:
Spoiler
Control system of most Adventures  _O_N_ ...wth?!
[close]
And that was not the only one I really couldn't wrap my head around.

Spoiler
That's a two part answer.  What are the two things (in most graphic Adventures) that a player does to control the action...
[close]

Khris

Quote from: Anian on Thu 03/01/2013 16:00:48On a related note, how did you do the interactive version Khris, with google code playground?

With Notepad++ :)

Baron

Clearly I haven't played too many adventures, since I haven't got #1 across.... (roll).  I've got most everything figured out except that top-left corner... I think I might have made a mistake that's gumming everything else up.  We're talking common crossword-style answer for 2011 Mittens location, ja?

Stupot

Quote from: Baron on Fri 04/01/2013 01:30:35
Clearly I haven't played too many adventures, since I haven't got #1 across.... (roll).  I've got most everything figured out except that top-left corner... I think I might have made a mistake that's gumming everything else up.  We're talking common crossword-style answer for 2011 Mittens location, ja?

Haha, that one is only very tenuously related to Adventures in that it was the only word I could find that fitted the letters connecting to it.
Spoiler
Change the question to 'What might you get from doing too much of anything that involves looking at a monitor for extended periods of time, including playing adventure games.'
[close]

And yeah, 11 Across is a classic crossword staple.  I think you have it. :)

Gilbert

As I played very few adventure games and because of my incompetence in English I need other sources, such as the almighty big G. search. Unless I have some of the guesses wrong, so far I only have 1 across left.

From your last hint, is it:

Spoiler
Something starting with 'EYE'?
[close]

Still I don't get what it is supposed to be, though.

Edit: Nevermind. I think I got it. This is my result. Can you verify whether I am correct?
DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON"T WANT TO BE SPOILED!!1!!

Stupot

Yep, spot on Gilbert. :)  It's a shame that the worst question in the whole thing is the first one, but at the time I already had decided on 2 and 3 down, and that was the only word I could think of with those letters that I could tenuously link to the theme.

Baron

Blast!  He figured it out before me.  He's like my wife.... only in AGS form!

Gilbert

Thanks, and I can sleep well now, but not with Baron of course!

ThreeOhFour

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk