2034 A.C. (After Canada) [MAGS]

Started by Ponch, Thu 31/01/2013 04:41:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Just in time to win your hearts (and win MAGS) comes...

2034 A.C. (After Canada)

This MAGS game follows the adventures of Paige Rowsdower, the newest member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police as she tries to maintain law and order in a world that is collapsing into chaos and anarchy. Of course, since this game is set in Canada, the apocalypse is very well-mannered and polite.

Thanks to the tireless efforts of Baron and Ryan Timothy, I am 100% confident that this game represents Canada perfectly, right down the smallest detail. My thanks go out to them for filling me in on all the subtleties of life in The Great White North. Thanks also to Ghost, who pitched in with some last minute playtesting after Baron's little boy came down with a bad case of moose flu. Since Ghost is German, I can only assume he was even more baffled by Canada than I was before Ryan and Baron held my hand and walked me through the cultural snowdrifts that divided our great nations.

Jokes, donuts, beer, hockey, and snow. It's as close as you can get to being in Canada without actually going there! Beauty, eh?

Download now, eh?

Baron

I heartily endorse this event or product.

Congratulations Poncherello!

kconan

Cool!  I'll download and play this A.W. (After Workweek)

Ponch

Thanks, guys. I hope you like it and I hope I can count on your vote for MAGS.  :)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Played for like five minutes, just now eh. Prob like the Great-One of Adventure Games! Laughing so hard I had to appologise like seven times, eh. I will be playing this pretty lots tomorrow, and any Hosers out here who don't like it can Take-Off! Thanks, Ponch!

CaptainD

Yay, I've never been to Canada, but after this game maybe I'll feel almost like I have!  Congrats on the release Ponch.  I'm always impressed that people manage to actually get a complete game finished so quickly for MAGS.

Ponch

MiteWiseacreLives!: Thanks, buddy. It's a beauty game, eh? And it's one of the few MAGS games I ever managed to finish. :)

CaptainD: If you play this game, you won't need to go to Canada. That's how incredibly accurate it is. But don't thank me, thank Baron and Ryan Timothy.  ;-D

Frodo

Look a great game.   :grin:

All that snow is just BEGGING for a snowball fight!     :cool:

Ghost

Congrats, sir! This games tastes of maple leaves! In a good way, eh?

Jaffles

Can't wait to bust out a keg of Elsinore beer and try out this beauty game, eh? Hosers got me working like a dog this week, but once the weekend hits I'll be playing for sure.

Thanks for, ya know, putting the spirit of Strange Brew into an adventure game, eh? It's about time someone did!

Ponch

Thanks, guys (and gals). When MAGS is over, I plan to release a slightly tweaked and improved version of this game. It will be so like the real Canada that if you press your nose against your monitor, you should be able to catch a faint whiff of maple syrup.  :smiley:

MiteWiseacreLives!

But don't lick your monitor, cause your tongue will get stuck to it.. and all the other kids on the playground won't help you... they'll just tease.

Anian

Even though I like it so far (the style is pretty cool and I'm learning a lot about Canada), I can't get pass that crowd. I won't say I've tried everything...but I've tried everything.

EDIT: finished now, very meta game. Now I want to go to Canada even more. The puzzle I was stuck on really broke me, I just...it has nothing to do with gameplay
Spoiler
I understand the trick, but even if the igloo is round, if there's a line crossing it...this is some Sierra/rubber ducky mental stuff
[close]
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Intense Degree

Great stuff so far, looking forward to continuing it later today :)

selmiak

Aninan:
Spoiler
think outside the box and inside the Igloo
[close]

Well, I made it past the crowd, talked with everybody there, got a cap and my free coffe, but don't know what to do now. And I can't just leave because nothing is happening besides the hockey game.

And yeah, the game is beautiful, eh. I've never been to Canada but now I feel like I've lived there my entire life.

gspit1124

Great game! Love the scenes when she watches the hockey game! Moving to the other side of the crowd was pretty tricky...had a duh moment...lol

I'm now stuck in the cave near the well placed rocks. Help!

Ponch

Anian:
Spoiler
The igloo is a circle. To get to the guy on the right side of the screen, just walk off the left side of the screen and Paige will loop around to the other side.
[close]

Selmiak:
Spoiler
Outside Tim Horton's, you may notice an unusual dog in the parking lot. Take a closer look at him and maybe Paige will have something to say. There's a clue on how to proceed in her dialog.
[close]

gspit1124:
Spoiler
It's too dark to see anything in the cave. You need to start a campfire. Perhaps you have something to burn, eh?
[close]

And thanks to all the rest of you. I was hoping this game would be well-received so that I would have an excuse to do a proper, larger game with Paige and her friends.  :)

gspit1124

I have tried

Spoiler
I have the banner, a receipt, a lighter, and cigarettes in inventory. None of which will work on the circle of stones
[close]

Ponch

Oh dear. I was afraid this would happen. You see, this is the first L/R Click game I've ever made. I prefer the Sierra style GUI bar for my games, but thought I would try something different with this one. And like an idiot, rather than use a module I decided to code up my own from scratch. It seems to work fine for characters and objects, but it doesn't always want to process clicks on hotspots. I'll take another pass at this weekend and see if I can fix it. But in the meantime...
Spoiler
Use the cigarettes on the rocks. Use them several times if necessary until it "clicks.'
[close]
Sorry about my lousy coding.  :undecided:

gspit1124

Ok--no problem--don't beat yourself up. I have no idea how you make these games, I just love playing them! :)

I do hope that we get to see Paige again! Thank you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk