Ben Chandler: Paranormal Investigator! (Freeware version)

Started by Grundislav, Fri 01/03/2013 19:52:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

(To the tune of Waltzing Matilda)

In West Australia, near the town of Doodlakine,
Lived young Ben Chandler, a good man was he,
And he kept all his candy, in a little metal tin,
Ben Chandler's Sweets Tin was something to see

Oh no! Ben's sweets tin has gone missing! How will he ever enjoy life without his delicious candy?!

This is where you, the player, come in. Guide young Ben Chandler (aka Ben304) through the wild and rugged Australian wilderness as he goes searching for his beloved tin.  Who knows, he might even encounter some paranormal phenomena along the way.

Screenshots

Ben's a sassy fellow.

Explore all sorts of exciting locations.

Featuring
- All sorts of in-jokes only about 2 people will get!
- Wacky screwball comedy with lots of terrible Australian stereotypes!
- Authentic didgeridoo music!
- A 50% Aussie voice cast!
- A secret unlockable companion character!

Now FREE TO PLAY!!!

Ghost

Finally I can tell my friends where to download the song I still keep humming!  (laugh)

The Fool

Heey, you guys are too generous!
Thanks a bunch! :)
(Or is it Grundislav's solo project inspired by Ben? Anyway, thanks!)
:)

Monsieur OUXX

Hey great work Grundislav!

I'm curious : Did you change your drawing technique? If I'm not mistaken you used to draw real drawings and then scan them. Did you draw directly in low-res? I recognize your style but the backgrounds look sharper and seem to have a higher contrast.

DBoyWheeler

I think I may have to give this a whirl.  Um, is there a walkthrough as well?  My philosophy on these games is "Know before you go".

Grundislav

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sun 03/03/2013 01:57:37
I'm curious : Did you change your drawing technique? If I'm not mistaken you sued to draw real drawing s and then scan them. Did you draw directly in low-res? I recognize your style but the backgrounds look sharper and seem to have a higher contrast.

I used the technique that I've finally settled on which I did in Ben Jordan 2 Deluxe and am using in A Golden Wake, which is drawing with my tablet at 640x400 then scaling down to 320x200.  The scanning thing was only for Ben Jordan 8, and it proved to be way too time-consuming and didn't look as great as it could have.

spiderman_0710

SarahLiz

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Sun 03/03/2013 01:59:37
I think I may have to give this a whirl.  Um, is there a walkthrough as well?  My philosophy on these games is "Know before you go".

Yes, I second this question because I never was able to finish the game when I bought it originally, and it still irks me... :/

Ghost

Quote from: SarahLiz on Tue 05/03/2013 00:51:59
Yes, I second this question because I never was able to finish the game when I bought it originally, and it still irks me... :/

I'd suggest to open a help and hints thread, then. PI was actually the first of the BS games I did solve. I never found the secret character though- is there really one?

Grundislav

Just ask the barmaid about local gossip until she repeats herself, then go back to the oddly-shaped rocks.

tzachs

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 05/03/2013 06:04:25
I never found the secret character though- is there really one?

How did you miss it? 8-0
That's the best part of the game!!

Xionix

After the Acadamely Award Winner podcasts, and the original and charming Back Door Man, I was specting more of this, I did not enjoyed as much as I though. But the song was great, I really think Ben Chandler Tin Can should have won that Grammy instead of Michael Balton. I like the artwork and all those voices you make.

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 03/03/2013 02:32:31
drawing with my tablet at 640x400 then scaling down to 320x200.

Great results. Bright colors and sharp contrast.

Tenacious Stu

I *Still* have that song in my head from this game. One of my favorites from the Bake Sale. Some really memorable characters and puzzles with a bizarre story. People should play this game for the song alone!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk