Shiny icons

Started by Ghost, Fri 01/03/2013 19:06:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Quote from: Armageddon on Fri 01/03/2013 07:52:33
On a lighter note some how Draculator II got nominated for something and now my name has an ugly icon under it. :(

But right now we're almost all sparkling like the Twilight series! Does that mean monkey made us vampires by working on a game?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ghost on Fri 01/03/2013 19:06:25
Quote from: Armageddon on Fri 01/03/2013 07:52:33
On a lighter note some how Draculator II got nominated for something and now my name has an ugly icon under it. :(

But right now we're almost all sparkling like the Twilight series! Does that mean monkey made us vampires by working on a game?

I have "worked on a game that won AGS Award".  8-0
It appeared to be "Journey Down", that I beta-tested.

Anian

MUST
GET
GOLD
SHINY
THINGY
...damn, that actually requires making a game, probably time to do that after lurking the forums for more than 5 years.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Dualnames

I read through this thread as I held my gun everwatching and restless, and I wondered what to type to make monkey realize he should not depart for 4 months. Here they are. PLEASE DON'T
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AGA

So I tweaked the shiny logos to only show up if you're the first credited person on a game's page (i.e. the assumed owner).

LTGiants2000

AGA if your game wins an award in a particular category that you influenced (such as backgrounds or VA), would your profile then be eligible for a cool, blinky shiny thing (even if you're not the first credited name)?

I'm not going to lie, I was very excited to see that symbol there this morning :/

Andail

Yes, that makes sense. Although I guess there's a fair amount of sorting to do, connecting all the categories with the people credited for it.

"you worked on the backgrounds for a game that won the best background art award!" etc.

AGA

I can't think of a way that could be done automatically, so unless someone is willing to spend hours / days cross referencing Award winners with their contributors lists, it ain't gonna happen.  If someone does want to go through the AGS Awards winners lists on the AGS wiki and give me the user IDs of the people credited for specific things though, I could whip up something.

Armageddon

Heh, would be nice if we could like, turn it off or something, or not. I guess it's cool okay man I don't know.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Hey. When you win the Stanley Cup, everyone on the team wins the Stanley Cup. Not just the captain. Maybe it's too much flashy shiny stuff, but it saves lots of nit-picking. But what would I know, I haven't even finished a game yet  :-\

selmiak

for all the logical thinking programmers out there, when you have worked on a game that won an AGS award... doesn't this include having worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS award?

and also I think these icons are ugly and I'd prefer it if the usernames would sparkle :D
only halfways serious about the second half...

AGA

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 02/03/2013 12:36:28
for all the logical thinking programmers out there, when you have worked on a game that won an AGS award... doesn't this include having worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS award?

Very deliberately not.  A game either won, or it was just nominated.

Ghost

Will the sparkly icons be displayed all the time? I thought it was a bit of a joke to have them show up during the voting phase?
Not that I am complaining; I like having them in my profile!

AGA

They're here to stay.  All the icons (thread and profile - including the lifetime achievement and best innovation) were drawn not long after the last AGS Awards.  It's just taken me this long to get the displaying hacked into the forums.

I think my better understanding the layout of the Awards databases (because I spent time rewriting the relevant pages in the lead up to the Awards) led to my realising how easy it would actually be.

Ghost

Ah, sweet. I think it's a nice touch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk