OSD Moby GearWhaleDX

Started by kconan, Mon 20/05/2013 13:21:17

Previous topic - Next topic

kconan

Ponch released OSD Versus Moby as part of the MAGS contest back in December 2012...But thanks to the flu, the game didn't have a battle system.  He handed me the code, and then...I farted around and did nothing!  But after a few weeks a crude battle system started to develop, it was polished and features were added over time, and now:

OSD Moby GearWhaleDX

AD - Walk left/right
WSX - Block high/mid/low
Left Click - Harpoon (high/mid/low deployment depending on y axis) or Spell (depending on icon clicked on)
Right Click - Melee (high/mid/low depending on y axis)
Space Bar - Depth Charge

Hint: Watch Moby for a tell just prior to his attack in order to block his ranged and melee attacks accordingly.

In the unlikely event that you haven't ODed on OSD (3 games in the last 24 hours!), check it out:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1685/

Or Download Here - Added the direct link here and a mirror link on the AGS DB

cat

Download link is broken  :(

Radiant

I was not aware it is Internatioal Ocean Spirit Day today...

Ponch

Cool. Somebody finished my unfinished game! ;-D ;-D

Nice work, sir. I love what you've done with it!

QuoteI was not aware it is Internatioal Ocean Spirit Day today...
Every day is OSD day! Now hurry and join the crowd. All the cool kids are doing it! :=

Ghost

I think this was the most bestest voiced-overed OSG gamez EV4R when Ponch did the releasings of it. Now it beings the same even more so.

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 20/05/2013 21:44:58
I think this was the most bestest voiced-overed OSG gamez EV4R when Ponch did the releasings of it. Now it beings the same even more so.
Spoken like a man who hasn't released a new OSD game when clearly it has become a very fashionable thing to do.

I'm disappointed in you, Ghost. (wrong) ;)

If only there were some way for you to correct this oversight... :P

EDIT: I'm glad Kconan gave the world chance to hear all those OSD lines you recorded but tragically went unused in my MAGS game.

Ghost

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 20/05/2013 21:49:03
Spoken like a man who hasn't released a new OSD game when clearly it has become a very fashionable thing to do.
I'm disappointed in you, Ghost. (wrong) ;)

So am I. Disappointed in me, that is. I failed- there is no other way to say it- but at least I failed in a highly interesting way. You see, my plan was to make an OSD / Chance-of-the-Dead / Leisure Suit Larry crossover, fully voice acted of course, all by myself. I started with an awesome logo and that hardly took me four months (two for downloading Blender on my shitty internet, twelfe for becoming the best Blender renderer ever, two for therapy). I was almost done... and then my time machine broke.

But still, technically I partially released OS-related material thanks to kconan, who used all those awesome lines you never made into a game!  (laugh)

Also, I NEVER do the fashionable thing. Only when it is fashionable.

kconan

When testing the spells, I continually chuckled at your "Electric Fisting" and "Burrito Cloud" voices Ghost.  My personal favorites 8-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk