Adventure Island

Started by Michael2968, Mon 27/05/2013 15:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael2968

I got through the
Spoiler
temple of doom but I apparently was supposed to get something in the temple but I'm not sure what it was.
[close]
I would appreciate it if someone could give me a hint.

Thanks,
Michael

elentgirl

Quote from: Michael2968 on Mon 27/05/2013 15:19:52
I got through the
Spoiler
temple of doom but I apparently was supposed to get something in the temple but I'm not sure what it was.
[close]
I would appreciate it if someone could give me a hint.

When you get to the end room in the Temple of Doom, what is the main thing you see, but cannot so easily get hold of?  Think back to the start of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" where Indiana Jones had to retrieve something from an South American temple.  I hope this helps.

Cogliostro

Montezuma's Revenge:
Spoiler

Okay, in theme park, Montezuma's Revenge, trying to get past the lemmings.  Use rope on the fallen tree, tied the pickaxe to the rope, but I'm not strong enough to dislodge it now.
[close]

Temple of Doom:
Spoiler

Make it into the second room, cannot use inventory, tried every combination I can think of with the switches.  Finally got the genuine plastic-resin Buddha, but I cannot get out of the room.  Help!
[close]

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Michael2968

On the Temple of Doom put
Spoiler
switches 1 and 3 in the on position and the other switches in the off position to open the door.
[close]
How did you get the
Spoiler
buddha off the pedestal?
[close]

Cogliostro

Quote from: Michael2968 on Wed 29/05/2013 19:46:38
On the Temple of Doom put
Spoiler
switches 1 and 3 in the on position and the other switches in the off position to open the door.
[close]
How did you get the
Spoiler
buddha off the pedestal?
[close]

I can't duplicate whatever it was I did earlier?!  Also, 1&3 didn't have any effect.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Michael2968

I figured out how to
Spoiler
get the buddha and get out of the temple.
[close]
Once you get
Spoiler
the buddha you set the switches to 1 and 3 and then you walk back and forth between the pedestal and the door until the door opens and once it opens it will stay open.
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: Cogliostro on Wed 29/05/2013 17:22:15
Montezuma's Revenge:
Spoiler

Okay, in theme park, Montezuma's Revenge, trying to get past the lemmings.  Use rope on the fallen tree, tied the pickaxe to the rope, but I'm not strong enough to dislodge it now.
[close]

Temple of Doom:
Spoiler

Make it into the second room, cannot use inventory, tried every combination I can think of with the switches.  Finally got the genuine plastic-resin Buddha, but I cannot get out of the room.  Help!
[close]

Montezuma's Mountain:
HINT
Spoiler

You don't have the strength to pull the log down, but you could try tying something else to the rope.  Have another look in the mine.
[close]
SPOILER
Spoiler

You need to open the explosives cupboard in the mine (use the oilcan from the lower level) and take out a sick of dynamite. Tie this to the end of the rope and pull it up - then stand clear!
[close]

Temple of Doom:
Spoiler

switches 1 & 2 on - 3 & 4 off, then step on plate to get Buddha.
switches 1 & 3 on - 2 & 4 off, then step on plate to open door.
[close]

Michael2968

In Montezuma's mountain how do you
Spoiler
get past the snake?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: Michael2968 on Thu 30/05/2013 12:02:41
In Montezuma's mountain how do you
Spoiler
get past the snake?
[close]

It's very easy....
Spoiler

When the snake rears up, hold the mouse over the snake's neck and you will see an Interact (hand) cursor.  Click on that (before the snake eats Annie!) and watch.  It's a sort of game of snakes and ladders!
[close]

I hope you are enjoying it so far.

Shadow1000

I am stuck in Montezuma as well. I'm in level 2 and I have the rope. I want to get the other items but I can't seem to put the rope down. I figured that if I go to the place where I picked it up, it should glow, allowing me to put it down, but no such luck. I can't seem to continue.

One thing I don't understand about this level is
Spoiler
that even without the pickaxe or explosives, I can just walk to the left to Level 3
[close]
. Is this supposed to happen?

Thank you

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 30/05/2013 16:02:56
I am stuck in Montezuma as well. I'm in level 2 and I have the rope. I want to get the other items but I can't seem to put the rope down. I figured that if I go to the place where I picked it up, it should glow, allowing me to put it down, but no such luck. I can't seem to continue.

Spoiler
that even without the pickaxe or explosives, I can just walk to the left to Level 3
[close]

If you want to get rid of the rope...
Spoiler

there is a hook on the wall in Level 2 (where the rope was hanging).  It is a little tricky to find the hotspot, but it should be there.  However, you may prefer to take the rope to Level 3 and try running your mouse over the log across the ravine.
Yes, once you have opened up the way to Level 3 you can walk between the levels with or without anything in your hand.
[close]
...just be careful with those bangers!

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Thu 30/05/2013 17:03:20
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 30/05/2013 16:02:56

Spoiler
[close]

If you want to get rid of the rope...
Spoiler

there is a hook on the wall in Level 2 (where the rope was hanging).  It is a little tricky to find the hotspot, but it should be there.  However, you may prefer to take the rope to Level 3 and try running your mouse over the log across the ravine.
Yes, once you have opened up the way to Level 3 you can walk between the levels with or without anything in your hand.
[close]
...just be careful with those bangers!

I tried what you suggested about the hook but after 15 minutes, no luck so I gave up. I'll continue as suggested and see where that takes me.

Thank you :)

SHADOW

Michael2968

I am at the level in montezuma where
Spoiler
there are a bunch of stairs.
[close]
I know there is
Spoiler
some kind of pattern but I haven't figured it out yet.
[close]
I would appreciate a hint in the right direction. I am enjoying the game so far. I can see you put a lot of work into it.

Thanks,
Michael

Shadow1000

Quote from: Michael2968 on Thu 30/05/2013 23:24:59
Spoiler
[close]
I know there is
Spoiler
[close]
I would appreciate a hint in the right direction. I am enjoying the game so far. I can see you put a lot of work into it.

Thanks,
Michael

I got past it without detecting the exact pattern just by watching the steps and timing advancement accordingly based on when I thought a step might fail on me. That also took a few steps backward sometimes before advancing. It took a number of tries but I did complete it :)

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: Michael2968 on Thu 30/05/2013 23:24:59
Spoiler
[close]
I know there is
Spoiler
[close]
I would appreciate a hint in the right direction.

You are almost there...
Spoiler

The moving staircase is the last puzzle in this section and therefore the hardest, I reckon.  There is a pattern, a simple repeating sequence, so you could in theory map out where all the steps will be at any time.  However, I think Shodow1000's solution is probably less hard work, if you've got enough lives left.  If you lose all your lives you will have to start the section again (only Montezuma's Mountain, not the whole game!).  If you do, you should be able to whiz through the levels now you know what to do, and reach the temple with plenty of lives left.
[close]

Montezuma's Mountain is the only section of my game where Annie can die.

Michael2968

Thanks for your help. I finally
Spoiler
made it to the top of the stairs and got the prize.
[close]
Could you give me hint about the cave of the crystal skull? I am in the section with
Spoiler
all the skulls and I tried putting some of them on the pedestal but it doesn't seem to have had any effect.
[close]

Thanks,
Michael

elentgirl

Quote from: Michael2968 on Fri 31/05/2013 14:26:55
Could you give me hint about the cave of the crystal skull? I am in the section with
Spoiler
all the skulls and I tried putting some of them on the pedestal but it doesn't seem to have had any effect.
[close]

HINT
Spoiler

When you put the skulls on the plinth, look at their eyes.  Then have a look at the whole wall pattern and see if anything occurs to you.
[close]

This is one of my favourite puzzles!

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 31/05/2013 17:13:45

Spoiler

When you put the skulls on the plinth, look at their eyes.  Then have a look at the whole wall pattern and see if anything occurs to you.
[close]

This is one of my favourite puzzles!

I got stuck at the same place.

Spoiler
I did notice by playing around that the eyes of the skull light up with different colours depending on where you took the skull from. I also noticed maps on the wall that correspond to the layout of the skull wheel. Other than that, I have no clue what's to be done. As well, I, like many others, can't see colours well enough to do anything if the colours are part of solving this puzzle so I hope that being able to relate the colour to what's on the map is not critical or I will have to ask someone for help
[close]

SHADOW

elentgirl

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 31/05/2013 17:39:59

Spoiler
I did notice by playing around that the eyes of the skull light up with different colours depending on where you took the skull from. I also noticed maps on the wall that correspond to the layout of the skull wheel. Other than that, I have no clue what's to be done. As well, I, like many others, can't see colours well enough to do anything if the colours are part of solving this puzzle so I hope that being able to relate the colour to what's on the map is not critical or I will have to ask someone for help
[close]

I am very sorry...
Spoiler

colour is important in this, and a few other of the puzzles in my game.  The four other wheel symbols on the wall are coloured with a combination of five colours - red, green, blue, yellow and white.  In each symbol different sections are in a different colour, so that for each section there are four colours on display.  The aim of the puzzle is to fill each section of the large 'skull' wheel with skulls whose eyes light in the missing colour for that section.
[close]

If you can't find anyone to help you with the puzzle, I could create a plan of the wheel with the skulls numbered, so that you could complete it that way.

Shadow1000

Quote from: elentgirl on Fri 31/05/2013 21:56:11
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 31/05/2013 17:39:59

Spoiler
[close]

I am very sorry...
Spoiler

colour is important in this, and a few other of the puzzles in my game.  The four other wheel symbols on the wall are coloured with a combination of five colours - red, green, blue, yellow and white.  In each symbol different sections are in a different colour, so that for each section there are four colours on display.  The aim of the puzzle is to fill each section of the large 'skull' wheel with skulls whose eyes light in the missing colour for that section.
[close]

If you can't find anyone to help you with the puzzle, I could create a plan of the wheel with the skulls numbered, so that you could complete it that way.

I'm not quite grasping the concept.
Spoiler
each of the four "maps" on the wall is missing one colour. Once I've identified which it's missing (btw - green/yellow look the same to me), how do I know which section on the big wheel has to be filled with skulls of the corresponding colour?

Example, let's say the wheel on the top left is missing white. How do I know on the big wheel which section should be filled with white-eyed skulls?
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk