SOLVED: FloatingHotspot module

Started by Slasher, Sun 02/06/2013 10:51:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Hi

There used to be a FloatingHotspot module that showed @OVERHOTSPOT@ on cursor. Is this still downloadable as I can't seem to find it and the file seems to have been deleted?

Cheers

Ryan Timothy B

It's terribly easy to implement on your own. For the basic version (for now because I have to go to work) just create a GUI with a label with the text: @OVERHOTSPOT@

Then in function repeatedly_execute_always() do this:

Code: ags
function repeatedly_execute_always() {
  if (IsInterfaceEnabled()) {
    gMouseOver.X = mouse.x + 10; // add your own number here (10)
    gMouseOver.Y = mouse.y + 10; // add your own number here (10)
    gMouseOver.Visible = true;
  } else gMouseOver.Visible = false;
}

That's the very basic version. The label will still go off screen. For a better version you'd have to manually assign the label text, and manually check if the label text width and height is off screen. But that's also VERY easy and I can post later if you're still at a loss.

Gilbert

Err... Why is this in the Rumpus room?

Slasher

Sorry Iceboty,

I've since found the FloatingHotspot module on an old computer stashed away since 2010.

So all ok now.

Baron

Well, since this is the Rumpus Room, I guess we should speculate why it is that no one has built a floating hotspot module.  No, I'm not talking about some silly label that floats around with your cursor.  I'm talking about an ACTUAL floating hotspot module, where the hotspots float around randomly like some sort of invisible screensaver and you can't keep nothing straight in the game.  Think of all the messed up responses you'd get!  It'd be hilarious:

Click pickled-egg jar: Now hold on there, partner.  You just don't go stroking a fellah like that, unless you know him reeeeeeal good.

Click dancing girl: But how would I fit it in my pants?

Click angry barking dog on chain: You gently poke your finger into the mysterious recess, hoping for the best.

And so on and so forth....  It'd be AWESOME! 

miguel

If that module Baron's talking about would ever be made I'd be one happy Agser!
I can already imagine producing a series of short games all about pron! Inspector PrON - The Naughty Finger Series!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk