Editing sprites transparency in the views window

Started by AnasAbdin, Tue 04/06/2013 21:05:23

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Hi,

I have a little suggestion. Right now, when creating a view and adding sprites to it we can edit each sprite's delay, flip it and/or add sound. Do you think allowing us to edit the transparency (and tint) would be possible?
If so, objects or characters using such views should be 'banned' from using Transparency and Tint() in the code...

Thanks!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 04/06/2013 21:05:23
If so, objects or characters using such views should be 'banned' from using Transparency and Tint() in the code...
I don't think this part of suggestion is reasonable. Why completely disable the opportunity when you may simply not use it if it is not needed?
The object's tint and transparency may be summed with individual frame ones.

Ryan Timothy B

I agree with Crimson and can't fathom why disabling these functions on those particular views would make any sense.

But that would be very handy to have. Frames with transparency/tint options. Within both editor and script.

AnasAbdin

Banning those views from Transparency and Tint is not a must though. I was thinking of the implications of passing the transparency command over a frame that is already having a specific transparency value set from the view window. Now comes to mind that the frame transparency from the view window could be treated as a percentage instead of a static value.

Crimson Wizard

I must apologize for forgetting to post my second opinion on this; seeing as this suggestion being posted in the project tracker, I think this need more discussion.

Thing is, that AGS allows to replace view frames with dynamic sprites, which could be Tinted, or else modified. This really makes such properties excessive, in my opinion.

The reason why I think so is that the number of possible effects one can apply on a sprite is very large, and if we are going this way we may eventually put hundred of options on a view frame.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk