Contribution: Leisure Suit Larry

Started by Val, Mon 01/07/2013 18:11:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Val

I want to contribute one of my old projects that got neglected, so perhaps someone might pick it up.
This project is a Leisure Suit Larry game. The characters are taken from the mobile game, Love for Sail.
I drew all the backgrounds but not the objects, some're taken from RPGMaker. There're only 4 rooms.
Larry have 4 different outfits (including nude) but I haven't put it all in yet, only his famous suit.

Here's one of the background shot and a planned map of the game:

The main idea was: Larry and Patty got to an island resort for some get together, but got many distractions.

Here's the link to the demo (choose from one of these hosts):
download from http://netload.in
download from http://freakshare.com
download from http://bitshare.com

To anyone interested, I can give you the AGS project and the list of assets not in the demo.
If you like I can draw you covers for the game, if you do pick it up. Let me draw a sample tonight,
I'll post it tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers.

Val

Here is a sample cover, I drew it in homage to the backcover of LSL 5 (love the idea).

Larry, was drawn a little bit realistic here, not too cartoonish. I wanna make him and other characters (especially georgeous women) blend.
He still has his characteristic baldness, knobby nose and thick eyebrows. Tell me what you think?

Adeel

I must say that your art looks very nice. You have a superb and finely refined art talent. "Your Patti" looks much better (when actually I ought to say: hotter!) than the original one. Your Larry also looks much original.

I used to be a big fan of Larry Games (which introduced me to Point'n'Click Adventure Genre) and therefore I would like to take on your project but here are far better game designers than me who can make this an absolute piece of beauty - so I'll wait for now.

Val

Thanks, I'm still an amateur really. The reason I have to drop this project is because I've become too busy with work.
It's not that I abandon my dream on creating adventure games, but I have to concentrate and prioritize on them.
Also, I contributed it because I love LSL and I think these assets have the potential to be good.

Here's a base Larry sprites (nudity!). It can be used for creating clothings, etc.

Adeel

I am busy with OROW for now. Then I plan to complete my and launch my short game. I am deciding to follow this as a long term project.

It would be better if we form a team. I'll do the scripting, outlining puzzles, story writing and fetch free sound effects from the Internet. While you may help me in the character art, animations, assist me in the scripting, story writing and puzzles.  I also know a person who may help us for music, assist me in the scripting, story writing and puzzles.

It may take an year or two but if we dedicate enough passion and time. We can launch a really nice Larry Fan Game (for free, of course - otherwise we will be sued and screwed) as a tribute to the original Larry series.

Adeel

Sorry BudLee, I have to regret to say this but I will not be able to take over this project because of the copyright reasons. I have discussed with members here. We can work on this project but it will not be worth it if it has to be taken down.
    However, I have plans to work on a project similar but different to Larry. So, if you are interested to help me out in character. I will be grateful :).

Val

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk