Isometric Angles

Started by EliasFrost, Tue 17/09/2013 11:43:46

Previous topic - Next topic

EliasFrost

I'm currently working on a game in isometric perspective and I'm getting a bit frustrated at the lack of customization when it comes to how to handle isometric games, the feature that I would love to see in the future is the ability to change the angles for when the view changes loop (instead of 45degrees, I would have it at like 60). The reason is that the walking loops don't match the amgle of the map, making the character walk in a strange way across the map.

I have searched the forums for an answer to this and what I found is that the engine simply don't allow for that kind of customization (unless someone fiddle with the source ofc), I'm no advanced programmer (I'm a beginner at c++) so if it's not too much to ask, would it be possible that the engine would support this in the future?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Frostfalk on Tue 17/09/2013 11:43:46the feature that I would love to see in the future is the ability to change the angles for when the view changes loop (instead of 45degrees, I would have it at like 60). The reason is that the walking loops don't match the amgle of the map, making the character walk in a strange way across the map.
This is interesting; I can't put this in my plans right away (someone else maybe?), but I believe this should be possible.

EDIT: Found this very old thread with same suggestion:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=14602

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk