HALLOWEEN Tune Contest: Goosebumps (closes November 1st)

Started by boojiboy, Fri 18/10/2013 09:41:36

Previous topic - Next topic

boojiboy

Hello future tune contest entrants.

Happy Halloween!!!

It's that time of the year and I'm in the mood for goosebumps! So, give me some goosebumps. Make my hair stand up. Send a shiver down my spine.
Whoever can achieve this will win by. Otherwise, it'll be the one that came the closest.

Maybe it'll be a little spooky/eerie or maybe something more ethereal. Something with a kooky key change might do the trick. The task is yours, it's entirely up to you.

m0ds

Cool theme! I think I have just the thing to enter. :D

"Axe Man and the Ocean"

a climactic scene from SecretFawful's horror game. This track rounds up and completes the 80 or so tracks for the games work in progress soundtrack. I did wonder if there was a halloween tune contest...lo and behold! nice one boojiboy!

A test mixcraft soundfont render as OGG or the original MIDI are here (I'll enter it as the MIDI and add the others for fun):
Mixcraft OGG - MIDI - and as its halloween "spook"blaster 16

boojiboy

Awesome Mods!
My arm hairs were definitely twitching from the intro. Plus Mountain King used to always give me goosebumps, if you had have thrown in sugar plum fairy I think it would've been a home run :smiley:
Hopefully we get some more entries. Only a week left!
Good Luck Mods. Great track!

Doc_Savage

dactylopus

I can't compete with Mods' prewritten piece, nor with Doc_Savage's spooky piano, so I won't.

Well done, guys!  Looking forward to seeing the winner!

It's a great theme, and I wish I could have participated, but I just didn't have enough time to come up with anything that wouldn't have been rushed.

Viking

Here's a fun track I threw together over the past few nights using my new DAW and sample library.  It was fun because I got to use some samples I've never had before, like bowed gongs, col legno strings, violin harmonics, bass slaps, etc.

Fright Night

Yes, the overall timing of the piece is all off, but hey, I was writing under a deadline and trying to learn some new software. :)

boojiboy

Well, it was a real tough choice because I loved all three tracks. They were creepy and spooky, some were a little mysterious, others were pretty kooky but one things for sure, they were altogether ooky.
So ooky. Just.... ook. Ook out the wazoo.

I didn't necessarily choose the track that I enjoyed most overall, I chose the track that gave me goosebumps right off the bat.

And the opening notes of Doc_Savage's submission is what did it for me. Sometimes it's the simplest thing that can get under your skin.

Thanks to all the entrants and I hope you all had a happy Halloween!

Doc_Savage

Thanks boojiboy :)

Great entries guys, we have some amazing talents on this forum, congratulations.

m0ds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk