November tune contest : Scenery of (closed November18)

Started by Doc_Savage, Tue 05/11/2013 02:28:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc_Savage

Howdy!

For this tune contest you'll have to compose for this scenery  :

1- I give you 2 weeks : End November 18

nihilyst

Okay, here's mine.

Click to listen!

Or click this link to listen to this tune on SoundCloud.

dactylopus

Alright, I made a track for this Tune Contest!

I'm pretty excited.  This track was made (as all of my entries in the past) specifically for the contest.  This one is a loop, so it plays through twice.  I had a few more ideas, but they didn't really work with what I had, so I cut it down to the core in the end.

Without further ado, here is the track I composed for the above scenery:

Scenery Tune, November 2013

I tried to capture the sunny, grassy feel of the picture, while still observing it's mountainous qualities.  Mostly, I tried for something that felt like a nice green garden, with an adventurer as a gardener!

This one was a lot of fun, and as always I wish I had more time.  It was a good break from other projects, and a good opportunity to stretch my musical muscles a bit.

Enjoy!

nihilyst, I am unable to listen to your tune.  I encounter problems loading the page.

nihilyst

Hm, works for me. Anyone else encountering a problem?

dactylopus

Quote from: nihilyst on Mon 18/11/2013 15:20:21
Hm, works for me. Anyone else encountering a problem?
Strangely, I also can't see your avatar (but I know you have one, there's an empty box).  Not sure what the issue is.

Edit:  Unable to connect to anything at the domain longwayhome.de, no idea why.  Is it possible to upload elsewhere?

Doc_Savage

Today, the tune contest will close so, I'll let a couple hours before i hear your creations and cast a vote.

I thank every participant :)

nihilyst

Okay, I've edited my post to include a SoundCloud link. That should work. :D

dactylopus

Quote from: nihilyst on Mon 18/11/2013 19:11:00
Okay, I've edited my post to include a SoundCloud link. That should work. :D
Thanks for updating the link!  It's a really nice track, and captures the peace and serenity of the scene.  Good work!

Doc_Savage

Dactylopus your link dosen't work, do you want to send it in pm? you can send it at ylamarch@gmail.com

Edit : Never mind, i found it :)

Doc_Savage

In the meantime, my feelings upon the nihylist theme:

Nihilyst , your mustic very inspiring, I was really impressed by the choosen instrumentation. There is a
kind of nostalgia in your theme that I would surely feel in that scenery.

Dactylopus, it is the oriental them that gets me first, the selection of flute and piano is also a great choice. The repetition of the melodic theme ensure in incrust your mind in no time.

It is always such a pain to choose between such greats artists who participate into that contest. I must say it is not an easy one but for this contest I pick Nihilyst input.

Congratulations :)

dactylopus

Congratulations, nihilyst!  That was a great tune.  Looking forward to seeing what you choose for the next theme!

nihilyst

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk