King Simulator 2013

Started by WHAM, Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

No, a RANCOR, like Jabba the Hutt has!  Teedee Jedi!  Teedee Jedi!

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Wed 18/12/2013 02:15:19
No, a RANCOR, like Jabba the Hutt has!  Teedee Jedi!  Teedee Jedi!
This baron is my kind of scum… fearless and inventive.

Ghost

I knew the Jester reminded me of something or someone...
Spoiler
[close]

WHAM

With Sir Kevin and his men gone, Lancelot permits the two knights to return to their posts close by, yet hidden from sight.

You gesture for Sir Lancelot to approach.

"Sir Lancelot, I feel we need to secure our realm further, and to do that I need men armed and trained as guards, so that your Knights need not patrol the streets. Would you be willing to traing those of the townsfolk willing to serve the realm to become members of a newly formed CITY GUARD?"

Sir Lancelot ponders for a moment.

"If it pleases you, My King, I am willing and able to train men, and my Knights can spread the word during their patrols so that we can easily gather those willing volunteers. However, the townspeople are not warriors or knights or even squires, but commoners, traders, craftsmen and peasants. They will not make for Knights or great warriors, and I fear the like of myself might not be able to train them to their fullest potential. We will also require coin to arm the trainees and my time will be spent training the men. It could take several days to drill the men in the basics, and during this time my services will not be available to you."

You nod as you ponder on Lancelots words. You decide to ask Lancelot another question while you think.

"You've travelled the world and seen things, I'm sure. Tell me, Lancelot, how would I go about finding suitable HEROES to serve my cause?"

"My King..." -Lancelot responds; "The easiest way to find heroes is simply to wait and grant audiences to those who seek it. That is how I came to serve you, and I am sure that as time goes and and word of your arrival on the throne spreads, more people will seek to serve the new King. Sending out EXPEDITIONS will also send those serving you far and wide, and thus people in distant lands might come to know of our Kingdom and decide to seek an audience with you. Finally, commissioning a CRIER to spread your word could be a fine solution. If you are hesitant to hire a crier, send the JESTER to spread the word to the townsfolk, I'm sure he'd appreciate the chance to wander about a bit, and since he can sing and shout with the best of them, I'm sure you'r words will be heard all through the town. As the words spreads through the town, traders and travellers will spread it further in no time."

Lancelot pauses for a moment.

"My King, would you like me to begin gathering volunteers for the TOWN GUARD? If so, I will return to you with information on the volunteers and an estimate for the costs by tomorrow night."
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

miguel

Finally!

> Yes Lancelot, please begin gathering volunteers for the TOWN GUARD;
Working on a RON game!!!!!

NightHawk

Quote from: miguel on Wed 18/12/2013 19:51:12
> Lancelot, please begin gathering volunteers for the TOWN GUARD;
+1

Radiant

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 18/12/2013 19:45:22It could take several days to drill the men in the basics, and during this time my services will not be available to you."

This line worries me, especially as we've just got an angry and possibly spiteful band of knights in our city. I'm fine with starting this town guard, but let's talk to ROBINA afterwards and strongly consider hiring her.

miguel

I'm okay with hiring ROBINA or other heroes LATER. I believe we are making the right decision on getting guards at a low cost (hopefully).
With those men trained we can send some of Lancelot's knight out to explore the country on quests.

selmiak

Quote from: miguel on Wed 18/12/2013 19:51:12
Finally!

> Yes Lancelot, please begin gathering volunteers for the TOWN GUARD;
+1

Tibatonk

If we all agree to have Lancelot explore the option of a town guard, maybe we can add a further command? Otherwise not much is going to happen next round, except Lancelot leaving.

So either:

>>Tell Lancelot to begin gathering volunteers for the TOWN GUARD and grant next audience.

Or:

>>Tell Lancelot to begin gathering volunteers for the TOWN GUARD and grant audience to ROBINA.

Depending on whether we want to work through the audiences in order of arrival (as suggested by the JESTER) or are really anxious to have a look at ROBINA. Personally, I'm also quite interested what kind of quest (if any) the LOST WARRIOR who is next in line might have to offer. But then again, we might not be able to help him all that much without a HERO at our dispossal.

Baron

Quote from: WHAM on Thu 28/11/2013 20:27:31

a LOST WARRIOR seeks assistance from the KING

BARON MONOCLE, an envoy of a pirate clan from the Western sea, seeks an audience with the KING

HIRSCHEL THE WIZENED offers his skills as a HERBALIST to the KING

ROBINA THE RANGER and her archers seek to offer their services to the KING

a TRAVELLING ARTISAN seeks to offer her finest crafts and services to the KING

You know, there's nothing in the list indicating that the Lost Warrior is a he;)

And, while I'm all in favour of meeting Robina the Ranger and her band of shaved sharpshooting seductresses, meeting the travelling artisan before the Merchant of the South departs might enable us to turn a quick profit.

As for the militia, I am all in favour of it.  Sure, they may not be great warriors, but since they'll be defending their homes they should at least be reliably loyal, and given their lack of training one would assume that they'd be reasonably cheap to employ.  For guarding and standard law & order patrolling, I think that should suffice, while the more taxing work should be left to the professional warriors.  So....

Quote from: Tibatonk on Thu 19/12/2013 00:42:53
>>Tell Lancelot to begin gathering volunteers for the TOWN GUARD and grant next audience.

+1

Ryan Timothy B

+1

Radiant

>>Tell Lancelot to begin gathering volunteers for the TOWN GUARD and grant audience to ROBINA.
+1

miguel

Quote from: Tibatonk on Today at 00:42

+1

cat

+1

WHAM

I sense a consensus forming here. :D
New update tomorrow, and I think we are at the end of day 2 with this meeting.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

Really busy weekend, so no update until sunday evening. Sorry. :(

WHAM

You stand up to make your proclamation more official.

"Sir Lancelot, I hereby order you to seek volunteers amongst the townspeople, in order to swiftly form a new Town Guard to keep the King's peace and to serve the King's justice. Report back to me as soon as you know what is needed of the Crown."

Lancelot gives you a curt bow.

"As you wish, My King." -he answers solemnly, before making his leave.

As Lancelot leaves, you call out to the Jester: "Jester, send in the next audience!"

The stange man in an even stranger hat appears before you.

"I'm afraid I cannot, My King, for the day is at it's end and those seeking your presence have left to seek rest. You should rest too, My King, for tomorrow the people will expect you to rule them fresh and strong."

The Jester's giggling and prattling unnerves you, but his words make sense and you do feel rather tired.
With that you decide to retire for the night.

Ryan Timothy B

So... does this mean we have to all reach a consensus again on voting to see the next audience? :-\

WHAM

Unless other commands pop up, the next audience will be granted automatically.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk