King Simulator 2013

Started by WHAM, Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

upvote then, or maybe we should rather invite robina and her gang in tight tights to the dinner tonight :D

WHAM

"Robina, is there more you can tell me of you and your companions? It seems one of your men is..." You pause. "...visually impaired." You suggest cautiously.
"What are your stories and experiences?"

Robina glances behind her, then gives a chuckle at your remark.

"Blind old Mark here is as good a man as any. He may not be the best marksman, but his hearing and acute sense of smell have kept us from many a trouble. Each of my Merry Men have a special talent that make them valuable to the group as a whole. We have worked as adventurers and archers for hire in the countryside, wandering the woods and farmlands, offering help in exchange for lodging, food and coin. We've chased off many a goblin tribe and even the occasionaly ettin, and the common folk seem to like us well enough considering we were offered free lodgings just outside of town.

We specialize in moving light and fast, scouting ahead and harrassing our foes. We can't exactly hold off a cavalry charge out in the open, but in the woods or behind secure walls we can make even the most heavily armoured knights think twice before charging."
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Adeel

> Ask Robina if she's married or not. If not, propose her.

A strong wife should come in handy, seeing as our life is constantly in danger as a king! :P

miguel

I like this Robina!
Let's hire her!

> Hire Robina and order her to map the land outside our town, one day(turn) for each cardinal direction. If she finds treasure to be plundered from evil foes (monsters) then she is to attack and return to the castle.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ghost

We just learned that there are goblins and ettins. A world that distinguishes between those somewhat related mythical creatures is a dangerous place; Ettins are badass, and goblins are bad news.

Adeel

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 06/01/2014 21:39:24
We just learned that there are goblins and ettins. A world that distinguishes between those somewhat related mythical creatures is a dangerous place; Ettins are badass, and goblins are bad news.

Hmmm, and previously we had learned that there was a dragon too.

But Robina is a good lass and hence we should marry her.

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Mon 06/01/2014 17:46:29
> Ask Robina if she's married or not. If not, propose her.

+1

I like the command and thinking of this guy. This is the best thing we can do at the moment. :=

Radiant

Quote from: miguel on Mon 06/01/2014 20:50:17> Hire Robina and order her to map the land outside our town, one day(turn) for each cardinal direction. If she finds treasure to be plundered from evil foes (monsters) then she is to attack and return to the castle.

+1

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: miguel on Mon 06/01/2014 20:50:17
> Hire Robina and order her to map the land outside our town, one day(turn) for each cardinal direction. If she finds treasure to be plundered from evil foes (monsters) then she is to attack and return to the castle.
Oh why not:   +1

Certainly not to marrying her though, we should save that to someone with a little more power than just the leader of a few handicapped archers. A lady who can contribute more to our wealth and/or power.

NightHawk

+1

Adeel

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Mon 06/01/2014 23:50:08
Certainly not to marrying her though, we should save that to someone with a little more power than just the leader of a few handicapped archers. A lady who can contribute more to our wealth and/or power.

You got serious, pal. :-D

On a serious note, we don't know whether we are even married or not. We are just assuming that we're not married. There's a possibility that we may be a widower or a divorced man (since we look rather.....old). There's also a possibility that we'll soon get notice from the court about the child custody fight (in the case that we've just divorced recently).

+1

Scavenger

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 06/01/2014 21:39:24

Do they have to be bad news? Goblins are generally sapient and often intelligent. Would it be possible to have an audience with some goblins? If there's a diplomatic way we can solve their problem and ours, like hiring them as cheap militia, then the goblinoids won't attack us, and we will have more protection. I'd say map out the land around us, and if we find a goblin tribe or something, we don't destroy it instantly, but open a dialogue with them. Have them send their Goblin Chief to see us, to see what we can do for each other.

Species-based genocide isn't something I'm very keen on.

Tibatonk

Hire her? Yes. Send her mapping? Yes.

But the lady got thirty rangers at her disposal. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to split up and scout all directions simultaneously?

Also, as Problem suggested a few days back, it might be useful to ask her what she can tell us about our realm right now. After all, they are supposed to be experienced rangers. They must have some prior knowledge of our kingdom. Or even own a map.

WHAM

You ponder for a moment, then decide that Robina and her Merry Men are exactly what you need.

"Robina the Ranger, I hereby hire you and your men to serve the crown for the price discussed. Your first assignment shall be to explore and map out the immediate surroundings of the castle town and to report back. A day's travel in the North, West, East and South will suffice for now."

Robina smiles and her men do a little song and dance.

"As you wish, My King, my men and I will serve you well!"

Robina leads her men out of the throne room and you can almost hear them singing as they go. Something about pants.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Adeel

> Write a note reading: "I hate my life", give it to Jester and commit suicide.

cat

Awesome! Too bad this is not animated ;)

Now I'd like to talk to the herbalist, we could grow some stuff in the garden and sell it later ;)

> Grant next audience

Ghost

Quote from: cat on Wed 08/01/2014 18:59:55
I *can* imagine them doing a Riverdance number (nod)

> Grant next audience
+1

miguel

We could grow weed and stay in the throne room forever while Jesterino tells jokes...But then we'd have to kill him.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Tibatonk

> Grant next audience

+1

Let's grow something poisonous and invite Sir Kevin of Axemount for tea!

selmiak

Now I'd like to talk to the herbalist, we could grow some stuff in the garden and sell it later ;)

> Grant next audience
+1
After that we should try to find a royal wizard that can make good use of the herbs and weeds and can do other fine tricks.

Tabata

Quote from: Ghost on Wed 08/01/2014 19:36:58
I *can* imagine them doing a Riverdance number (nod)

> Grant next audience
+1

+1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk