King Simulator 2013

Started by WHAM, Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeel

Damn, now we're being threatened! 8-0

Quote from: cat on Mon 13/01/2014 19:23:44
Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sun 12/01/2014 21:43:10
> COMMAND the guards in your presence to stand alert but don't look too threatening, then SUMMON the next AUDIENCE

+1

+1

WHAM

Just wanted to be sure you knew the unwritten rules.  Same went for previous game, and I can't exactly say we had a happy ending there, so let's hope we can get this kingdom a bit more upbeat one. ;)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Adeel

Quote from: WHAM on Mon 13/01/2014 22:39:18
Just wanted to be sure you knew the unwritten rules.  Same went for previous game, and I can't exactly say we had a happy ending there, so let's hope we can get this kingdom a bit more upbeat one. ;)

Sure, I understand! :grin: Thanks for clarifying. :smiley:

Tibatonk

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sun 12/01/2014 21:43:10
> COMMAND the guards in your presence to stand alert but don't look too threatening, then SUMMON the next AUDIENCE.

+1

WHAM

Feeling threatened, you call out your guards in a low voice. The men step out of the shadows behind your throne and emerge to be closer to you for the time being.

"Next!" -you call out once more, and the shadow in the doorway begins to approach.

Whoever this person is, he or she is small in size, yet somehow foreboding. A gray hood covers the new arrivals face almost completely, and it seems that the audience -seekers covered hands are holding something spherical, wrapped in a black silk cloth.

"My King" -a squeaky male voice begins to emanate from beneath the hood, causing a slight chill to run down your spine.

"I am Razathul, a lowly messenger sent by the others to deliver this gift to you. I was instructed only to entrust it in your hands and to tell you this: 'as promised, the gift is here. Use it wisely, for only once will it serve thee'. Will you accept this gift?"
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ghost

Adeel

> Arrest this visitor, throw him into the dungeons and execute him.

Radiant

> Before accepting the gift, ask him to tell about the 'others' who sent him, and what the gift is and does.

miguel

Quote from: Radiant on Tue 14/01/2014 21:46:22
> Before accepting the gift, ask him to tell about the 'others' who sent him, and what the gift is and does.
+1
Working on a RON game!!!!!

selmiak

Ghost is right. These puffy ears can only mean he is a hooded bear and brings us black honey. Which we can either use to poison our enemies (or ourself if we want to) or this is a gift from our enemies (after 1 day on the throne already?) and accepting the gift brings bad luck over the whole kingdom. Or it is really delicious with pancakes!
So yeah...
+1

Tibatonk

Is this the object the Shadowy Traveller mentioned earlier?

+1

Ryan Timothy B

+1

So what did happen to our TRAVELLING ARTISAN, or did I completely forget about this person and she wasn't added to the wiki? Or is she still next?

Quote from: Adeel S. Ahmed on Tue 14/01/2014 19:53:48
> Arrest this visitor, throw him into the dungeons and execute him.
Just because of your previous suicide commands (which I honestly disliked, and would would prefer for you to not participate in this game if you're going to try to ruin it for others - no offense) I can't know if you're now serious with this command. The person is mysterious and could quite possibly be evil and as far as we know the object is some magical cursed object that will doom our kingdom. I do think if these people are evil, killing the messenger will only advance their plots much sooner than we're prepared for, but killing a messenger to a friendly group of people surely will create some new enemies.

Tibatonk

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Wed 15/01/2014 01:21:43
So what did happen to our TRAVELLING ARTISAN, or did I completely forget about this person and she wasn't added to the wiki? Or is she still next?

No, we haven't seen the artisan yet. If this guy/bear/whatever is indeed associated with the Shadowy Traveller, I guess he mysteriously skipped the line to make sure we would receive the strange object on the third day of our rule as foretold by Traveller. So I suppose the artisan is still patiently awaiting her turn.

miguel

Adeel, picking up on what Ryan said, please don't forget that IF one of your comments by any chance is the ONLY one given to WHAM he will process it. I believe you were joking but there is a risk when doing it.
Stuff like "pick your nose" or "sing a song" will do us little harm if executed but anything more may bring problems.

WHAM

"Before I can accept your gift, I must know more of it. What does this 'gift' of yours do, precisely, and who are these 'others' who sent you to deliver this gift?"

The strange man shifts nervously, but anwers nonetheless:

"My King, the others are just that: others. Others in our order. The less you know of us, the better, for we do not seek to be widely known in your lands, only to observe and protect. As to what the gift does, simply uncover it and gaze into it, and the answer will be made clear to you. All I can say is, that this land is fraught with unspeakable peril, and each creature to ever lay claim to ruling over it has been handed a gift such as this by our order, so that these rulers might stand where mere mortals would fall. Our time is short, do you accept this gift or not?"

You sense urgency in the voice of the squeaky-voiced man.

Radiant

Note to self, in the future we should always have Lancelot, or Chuckles, or someone else trustworthy present whenever meeting obtuse strangers like these.

> Accept the gift and thank him.

Tabata

I don't like to be forced to accept a (magical?) gift that isn't explained and from a stranger who might need my acceptance just for the magic to work.
Otherwhise he could have left it or take the time for explaining, even if he represents a secret group.
Also if they give it to all rulers â€" where is the version from the last king. Didn't he accept it, didn't it work or ... did it …?  :shocked:

So much and even more questions and a big risk to accept something that I don't know of what it (really) does.  (wtf)
We need a wizard and magic on our side, but this one didn't convince me to be the right one to be trusted right now. (wrong)

> Thank him for the kind offer, tell him that you are interested but regret him being in an obvious hurry and invite him for an extra visit/dinner when he has more time, is ready to tell more about his gift and (even in secret) about „the others“.

miguel

I too have some doubts about the gift, and like Tabata explained, why is the former King that had it dead? If the gift is so powerful shouldn't it have saved him from us? Or are the powers concealed in the gift of a magic nature and can not save the bearer from the steel of a sword?
I think we can bend the rules a bit:

> Kindly accept the gift, but do tell Bobbin that we somehow fear this charade and have a guard behind him ready to act if something goes wrong while we look at the gift.

Maybe this way, announcing our intentions, the hooded man will reveal his true intentions.

Problem

Quote from: miguel on Fri 17/01/2014 10:20:56
> Kindly accept the gift, but do tell Bobbin that we somehow fear this charade and have a guard behind him ready to act if something goes wrong while we look at the gift.
+1

selmiak

QuoteAs to what the gift does, simply uncover it and gaze into it, and the answer will be made clear to you.
and then we end up turned to stone or so...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk