King Simulator 2013

Started by WHAM, Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 21/01/2014 12:47:12
Nah. No worries. King's Fade would make a bad title for an adventure game. King's Quest though, I think that could work.

King Coloureone.
:grin:

miguel

Yes, King Coloureone played by David Colourusso.:=
Working on a RON game!!!!!

WHAM

You decide it is best to be rid of this strange man, and the quickest way to do so is to accept his gift.

"I thank you for your gift, you may le-"

The strange man is gone. All of a sudden you can hear the wind as well as the birds in the trees outside. Your guards waver and stumble, and one of them begins to bleed profusely from his nose. The men look confused and disoriented.

"My King." One of the guards speaks in a weak voice, while struggling to remain upright on his feet. "May we... May we be excused for a moment? I will call for replacement guards to come down from the walls."

You still have time for more audiences, but your guards do not seem to be doing well and you yourself feel quite exhausted by this strange ordeal.
Your gift lies before the throne, still covered in black silk.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

selmiak

>Pick it up, but don't uncover it (yet), then have Jester put it into the treasure room. And tell him to keep it covered and not look into it. Don't look!

Since this is the king's present he should pick it up first, after this strange happenings right now it could also be that the mirror/glasssphere under the silk only works with whom touched it first.

miguel

Poor Jesterino...

Do we have a dinner tonight? Maybe we could rest for an hour and replenish our mood for the evening?

WHAM

You stand up from your throne, disregarding the guards who do their best to stand straight despite their unknown ailment.
You walk up to the object on the floor you reach down and pick it up. It feels heavy, like glass or crystal, perhaps even metal of some sort, and feels smooth underneath the black silk.

"Jester..." -you call out softly. The jokester appears before you only moments later. As he enters his endless smile evaporates, leaving him looking confused.

"My King, what happened? The guards!? And what is...?"

You silence the baffled clown with a stern look.

"Jester, store this artefact in the treasury. I want it under lock and key, always guarded, and whatever you do, do not uncover it or look at it, for it may well end your life."

The Jester looks like he is bursting with questions and alarm, but manages to calm himself and eventually simply nods, reaching to delicately pick up the artefact from your hands.

"At once, my King." -he manages, his voice bereft of the humor it usually reflects, before heading for the treasury.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

selmiak

now that went better than expected :)

> Wait for jester to come back, then ask him who is waiting for an audience

Ryan Timothy B

I think now we should start tackling our low gold income. Start inquiring or looking around for gold deposits or abandoned mines during our takeover and let's look at making some more. Given this:
Quote from: HirschelFor decades I have offered my services to those in need and to those who sought it, and in those years I have accumulated a wealth of knowledge in the matter of plants, herbs and minerals of the earth.
I know mineral isn't an element, but at least he's better for searching for signs than say the guard standing behind us.

> Allow the guards to swap with fresh guards, then SUMMON the Jester and Hirschel, ask if either know of any rich gold deposits within our kingdom borders, and if Hirschel could explore around for more possible mining sites or if Jester knows of anyone in town who's more appropriate for the task

miguel

Quote> Allow the guards to swap with fresh guards, then SUMMON the Jester and Hirschel, ask if either know of any rich gold deposits within our kingdom borders, and if Hirschel could explore around for more possible mining sites or if Jester knows of anyone in town who's more appropriate for the task

+1

Crimson Wizard

Considering the guards barely stay on their feet, as was mentioned above, I'd suggest to correct this:
Quote> Allow the guards to swap with fresh guards, then SUMMON the Jester and Hirschel, ask if either know of any rich gold deposits within our kingdom borders, and if Hirschel could explore around for more possible mining sites or if Jester knows of anyone in town who's more appropriate for the task
To
> Order servants to take care of guards... etc.

This king has servants, has he? (wtf)

selmiak

pffft, these guards have at least 75/100 HP left... ;)

Radiant

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Fri 24/01/2014 18:18:50
> Allow the guards to swap with fresh guards, then SUMMON the Jester and Hirschel, ask if either know of any rich gold deposits within our kingdom borders, and if Hirschel could explore around for more possible mining sites or if Jester knows of anyone in town who's more appropriate for the task

+1

WHAM

You permit the guards to swap out with fresh replacements for the rest of the day, and summon your advisor, the Jester, and your royal herbalist, Hirschel the Wizened, to your presence, thus beginning your last meeting for the day before dinner and a night's rest.

You eye over your two advisors, then explain the situation:
"Our realm is in dire need of income, and I need you two to help me correct this issue. Jester: do you know of any gold mines or miners in our realm?"

The Jester nods his head.

"I do, My King. There is a small mining operation not far to the north of our town. Ownership of the mine and it's income belong to a certain trader in the Trader's guild by the name of JONATHAN OF ANDERS, and the mine is run by a man by the name of MOOK. The mine is not a rich one, and there has been talk of halting it's operation and selling off the site unless profits increase soon. The mine does return tax income to the crown already, but I fear it is not much."

You nod, approving the Jester's wealth of information, then turn to Hirschel.

"Hirschel, you mentioned that you knew much of minerals as well as of plantlife. Do you think your abilities could be useful in searching for resources we could mine for?"

Hirschel gives a cautious nod.

"My King, if we can discover caves or caverns or make preliminary digs somewhere, I could certainly study the soil or rock for signs of anything useful. However, I mostly do the opposite, using my talents in studying the soil to identify fertile places for plants to grow, so I cannot guarantee success, though I do believe I can decrease the risk of beginning new mining operations should you wish. Mr Jester, do we know of any caves or caverns or other sites where I could easily study the rock and soil?"

The Jester ponders for another moment, mulling the matter over.

"I recall hearing of a partially udnerwater cavern near the river's edge to the east, but other than that I only know of the one existing gold mine in our lands. Expeditions would surely mark down caves and caverns as sites of interest should they encounter any, since such places are often nests of criminals as well as goblins or worse."

cat

> Ask Hirschel if he could grow valuable plants or herbs that we could trade for an income.

miguel

Quote from: cat on Sun 26/01/2014 09:49:42
> Ask Hirschel if he could grow valuable plants or herbs that we could trade for an income.

+1;

I also think we could gather a expedition to that underwater cave. We'd need some armed men and Hirschel to go as well.
If we had a spy we could send him first to scout the area for enemies. But because we don't have a spy, we can't.
We sent Robina away to explore didn't we? Well I guess we could use her for scouting operations from now on.

Ryan Timothy B

Well that ruins that idea of hoping to takeover a successful mine operation that was momentarily abandoned during our revolution. I just wanted to cut the profit aspect and simply create our own gold coins. The best option for now is to likely meet up with this Jonathon of Anders and Mook and see what they say about new prospects for the Crown to give permission to mine/sluice, where we rake in a slightly higher tax profit since they won't own the land they're mining.

Quote from: cat on Sun 26/01/2014 09:49:42> Ask Hirschel if he could grow valuable plants or herbs that we could trade for an income.
Sounds like a promising question to ask, but I add the following:
> Ask Hirschel if he could grow valuable plants or herbs, or create any valuable potions, that we could trade/sell for an income

Since a plant by itself may be worthless to the traders' guild but a potion could be invaluable. It all depends on our buddy Hirschel's knowledge and success rate.

miguel

QuoteThe Jester ponders for another moment, mulling the matter over.

"I recall hearing of a partially udnerwater cavern near the river's edge to the east(...)

This could be a valid place to explore. And we could get our hands dirty and fight some criminals for plunder.

Quote> Ask Hirschel if he could grow valuable plants or herbs, or create any valuable potions, that we could trade/sell for an income
+1

selmiak

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sun 26/01/2014 12:02:13
> Ask Hirschel if he could grow valuable plants or herbs, or create any valuable potions, that we could trade/sell for an income

Then let's go cave exploring :)

NightHawk

>Summon JONATHAN OF ANDERS and MOOK to the palace.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: NightHawk on Sun 26/01/2014 22:17:46
>Summon JONATHAN OF ANDERS and MOOK to the palace.
That'll have to be tomorrow. This meeting with Jester and Hirschel is the last event for the game night. But asking them additional questions is fine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk