SayBackround Character won't animate during speech???

Started by harmonicapress, Thu 26/12/2013 19:59:21

Previous topic - Next topic

harmonicapress

Hey guys. I have a character selling junk who is constantly making his pitch, much like stan in the Monkey Island series, I set up timers and created a view where he waves his arms and shouts, I assigned this view as the characters speech view. The text he's supposed to be shouting comes up with the timers, but he won't animate, he just stands there ventriliquizing (shouting without moving his lips or arms). How can I get him to run the speech view with the SayBackground command, or is there another workaround? here is my code...

function room_Load()
{
  SetTimer(1, 120);
  SetTimer(2, 200);
  SetTimer(3, 280);
}

function room_RepExec()
{
  if (IsTimerExpired(1)){
    cArchie2.SayBackground("Come One! Come All!");
    SetTimer(1, 120);
}
  if (IsTimerExpired(2)){
    cArchie2.SayBackground("See my fabulous assortment of goods available for astonishingly low prices!");
    SetTimer(2, 200);
}
  if (IsTimerExpired(3)){
    cArchie2.SayBackground("There's none so fair as 'Ferris Wares'!");
    SetTimer(3, 280);
  }}

Crimson Wizard

harmonicapress, you have already asked question about this only couple of weeks ago, and there were several answers:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=49653.msg636475432#msg636475432
I think you may continue the discussion in the same thread.

"Hints & Tips" forum is for asking for game walkthroughs.

harmonicapress

Ooops, I knew that, just clicked into the wrong forum area. Sorry :) And my original post did not include the SayBackground, now that I have changed it, the new issue is that the character does not play his speech animation loop. I would have continued the thread, but it got buried, so I figured I'd start a fresh one. I'll just re post in the older thread next time as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk