Mittens 2014 Portugal - 19-26 July

Started by cat, Tue 07/01/2014 09:40:59

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

I can't believe I'm missing all that fun! The villa looks fantastic and the beer bottle count is very irish :D
I hope you'll have a great week.

Andail

Safely home now from Mittens! It's been a great time, and it made me ask myself why it's been so long since I stopped going to Mittens...es. Great trips to impressive castles, walking around picturesque Sintra, late night conversations with old and new friends, board games and lots and lots of beer drinking. Didn't take pictures myself, but they'll surely pop up once the others start returning home.

arj0n

Back home, a great mittens has come to an end again.

I'm really proud of you guy's 'n galls since I have been able to learn all mitteneers how to open a beer bottle the correct way,
which is not using a regular opener but instead using everything else available in or around the house, to name a few:
- a lighter
- a pencil
- a second beer bottle
- a giant sharp metal pizza slicer
- a huge BBQ fork
- a stuffed chicken(*)

(*) OK, we decided not to try to use the stuffed chicken since that turned out to be the national emblem of Portugal (and Sintra) because of 'the legend of the Rooster of Barcelos'... ;)

arj0n

Here's a quick selection of some >> mittens 2014 photos << to give a short impression (roll)

Disco

Kayla and I made it to Madrid a few hours ago. At the hostel now waiting for our room. Will do a proper post mortem soon since we are quite wrecked from the trip :P

cat

Finally we are up again :)

It was a great Mittens and it was great to see you all again (and meet Kayla for the first time).

I already had a look at my photos which remind me of the fantastic time we had. I'll upload them soon.

Edit: In the meantime, here is the groupfoto:

Esseb

Back and awake now.

Mittens was great, as always. I'll have some photos later once I've summoned the strength to sort through them all.

Snarky

Man, that group photo really shows how small of a Mittens it was! Hope more people will be able to make it next year!

Back now, very tired from the return trip. Was a great week, post more later.

AGA

Back now.  Mittens was good.  Quotes be here.

Maybe we should try to keep the discussion about next year separate in another thread, to avoid cluttering this one up.  Plus having a separate thread will be necessary when it comes to booking time.

bicilotti

Esseb

I miss the days when quotes took weeks and weeks to get updated. I still remember most of these being said.

AGA: "I'd like these intercourse pictures" should be just "I like", and the sidebar is missing a link to 2014.

tampie85

m0ds

Haha nice! Tad hard to make out what some of them are but I can definitely see TSP there.... in several people's hands! Woot LOL

Darth Mandarb

Welcome back Mitteneers!  Looks like a[nother] great Mittens!  Can't wait to see all the photos so I can REALLY wish I had been able to go this year (nod)

Calypso

Quote from: Arj0n on Sun 27/07/2014 05:30:03
Here's a quick selection of some >> mittens 2014 photos << to give a short impression (roll)

Impressive beer collection!
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

AGA

DutchMarco

DutchMarco

Quote from: Tamara on Sun 27/07/2014 19:30:19
Quiz results and prizes :)
(pic removed from quote)

Yay! I'm happy with my (your) game, Andail!

Disco

Audio clips from Mittens Portugal are ready for your ears!

kennethhyde.me/mittens2014

I still have yet to get my photos developed, and I'm afraid it will be a little while longer before they are scanned as well, so they will just have to be a surprise bonus sometime in the future :P

It is a shame that the post-Mittens synopsis and chatter kind of fizzled out, unlike most years (though I am just as guilty of not posting my thoughts).

While attendance was on the low side, this year was still a great time and kept pace with most other Mittens trips.

Super Bock, Fado, omelettes, chickens, the pool, Moors...how can I ever forget them...

Esseb

Better late than never, here's my Portugal pics: http://esseb.com/photographs/mittens_portugal/

Let me know if the fancy panorama JavaScript doesn't work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk