My test walk cycle [Warning furry ahead]

Started by Furwerkstudio, Thu 16/01/2014 21:41:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Furwerkstudio

I did a walk cycle of a bird girl walking to test out some ideas, I was wonder if anyone has any tips for the next one.
This one was done on paper, frame by frame with inks for those interested.

Scavenger

It's alright, noticed a few things that may make the next one a little better.

Try and add more easing to the body movements, right now they're doing a very staccato forward and backward motion through their arc, which is quite robotic and probably not what you were looking for. If you look closely, you'll notice the arms and feet move very quickly and jerk to a halt. Don't be afraid to add in some cushioning!

The head is a little hard to read at the moment - you have some bounce on the hair but it seems to be muddied somewhat by the head losing cohesion in places. Keep the head very tightly drawn - it'll make the hair seem more fluid and flowing. Trace over from previous frames if you must, just keep it cohesive.

How did you animate this? Was it in place or is the character walking across the sheet of paper? Doing the latter is how I'd recommend it, as you'll be able to see the character in motion and be able to do trailing arcs like the tail very easily. You can cut it down into a walking in place animation very easily afterward.

(Finally, as an aside, to help appraising the animation, could you make the canvas keep the same size? The flickering borders makes it hard to really read the animation. If the whitespace behind the character moves, it's very distracting.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk